BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2020 10:48:30 PM EDT
Any idea on what these are:

Attachment Attached File

Here's the description:
NATO 40mm Gas Mask Filter
These are brand new NATO bloc gas mask filters. They will fit any gas mask that uses the 40mm filter (such as Israeli, Russian, some Polish, US M40).
These are fresh, new filters but we are offering them here for collectors use only.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 10:51:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Gas mask filters?
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 10:54:00 PM EDT
[#2]
OTK is Russian stamp, but seen them as surplus from former combloc countries.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 11:17:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OTK is Russian stamp, but seen them as surplus from former combloc countries.
View Quote

And the NATO description would contradict the Russian marking. They are $12 a piece so I have a few on the way for curiosity sake.

It'd be nice to know what they can actually filter out.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 10:08:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Did they show up? Any good?
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 10:29:46 PM EDT
[#5]
They did show up. Near as I can figure, they are not Israeli and are most likely the combloc that will fit in NATO masks but weren't technically NATO spec. Additionally, there's enough of a chance that they may have asbestos in them that on top of being expired, they probably would only be used in a situation that I'd describe as "You're really going to die right now if you don't try this and you've got nothing else left."

Strangely enough, the only "knowledgeable" source for filter information of this type that I was able to find was a British guy in his 20's if I had to guess, who seems to be absolutely invested in all sorts of masks.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 10:53:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you sir. Trying to find a replacement filter for my son and his new mask. I don’t know anything about them just want something safe for him
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:14:36 PM EDT
[#7]
MOF-4 are Czech or Czechoslovakian.

https://gasmaskandrespirator.fandom.com/wiki/CM-4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top