Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2022 12:49:04 PM EDT
I have been camping with the same friends and family for decades and just noticed a lot of similar groups have signs and even entranceways to their little area.

Its one of those "ha ha thats dumb...... Lets do it" type of things for us.

Anyone here see that? Anyone here do it?

Camp name recommendations?

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:22:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:22:59 PM EDT
[#2]
The sign at my usual camping spot.

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:24:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Camp Eye Ham We Todd It.
View Quote

Camp Owa Tana Siam.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:12:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Camp Eye Ham We Todd It.
View Quote

Too accurate

My buddies suggestion of Rawdog Ranch got himself literally punched in the crotch by his ole lady though
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:11:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Camp Morning Wood
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#9]
The tower of skulls usually denotes my position.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 8:38:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Camp Wada-faw-kawee
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:05:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone in the group named David?

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 8:10:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Is western imperialist gulag, da.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Since campgrounds charge you money to camp there, and my current policy is that I wouldn't stay in a campground even if they paid me money to stay there, we're at an impasse.

I'm not familiar with campgrounds or even understand their purpose- so I never heard of anyone naming their campground.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:50:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Since campgrounds charge you money to camp there, and my current policy is that I wouldn't stay in a campground even if they paid me money to stay there, we're at an impasse.

I'm not familiar with campgrounds or even understand their purpose- so I never heard of anyone naming their campground.
View Quote

We can afford the 17 bucks so its not hurting us much. Given your situation its pretty obvious you would never see such things. But many here do and I appreciate your suggestions or lack of them. Still appreciate the input.

For me, my preferred camping is taking my canoe out as far as I can in the Everglades but most sane people don't like it that rough and I sure wont expect others to enjoy what I enjoy. I am not anti social and can swing the 17 on average bucks to camp with friends and enjoy their company.

I could explain a campgrounds purpose but do you really care?
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:17:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

We can afford the 17 bucks so its not hurting us much. Given your situation its pretty obvious you would never see such things. But many here do and I appreciate your suggestions or lack of them. Still appreciate the input.

For me, my preferred camping is taking my canoe out as far as I can in the Everglades but most sane people don't like it that rough and I sure wont expect others to enjoy what I enjoy. I am not anti social and can swing the 17 on average bucks to camp with friends and enjoy their company.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you missed the point, the money is immaterial.  If the campground was pay, free, or they paid me I wouldn't stay in one.

Why do I backpack, hike, or camp?  To enjoy the outdoors, to enjoy the quite sounds of nature, to be away from people noise, to be as free as possible, solitude, build a fire where and how I want to build a fire, etc.

What is a campground?  Noise, people noise, laundry list of rules, lack of solitude, etc.  The forest has been pretty much stripped bare of anything that will burn, so fire craft is out unless you bring it all with you (which sorta defeats the purpose).  "I'm sorry sir.  The only spot left this weekend is the one by the porta-john, sorry for the smell."

I understand some people like "camping" and parking in a campground, sitting inside the camper watching TV, etc.  That does nothing for me.  I prefer to drive up the old logging roads in the National Forest, find some washed out old spur-road, drive it until it ends miles and miles from anyone, miles from cell service, completely quiet.  If I feel like practicing my fire craft, the supplies are at hand in their natural environment (like I might find them if the situation were real).  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 10:31:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Ok well I was asking for camp name suggestions and not trying to make it a who is the more rugged camper e peen measuring contest. I have camped as spartan as it gets Lone many many times. I am at the point in my life I prefer the company of lifelong friends around a fire away from the rat race.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:10:33 AM EDT
[#17]
You could use your intitials of everyone and try to find a word or phrase that fits? Maybe you could find something fun.

I only regularly camp with my wife, so ours is just "Camp *Our Last Name*"
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 9:41:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Camp "No Trespassing"?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top