Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2021 3:30:29 PM EDT
Our 5th wheel is about 6 months old and the carbon monoxide/propane alarm is randomly going off. Sometimes it trips for a CO alarm, sometimes a Propane alarm.

The propane is off, and has been off at the tanks for atleast 2 months. We don’t use the stove and haven’t used the furnace in months.

We are on shore power
Everything is running on electric, fridge and the A/C, etc.

I’ve called the manufacturer of the detector but had to leave a message.

Since the propane is off, and we aren’t burning anything to make CO do you think it’s safe to unhook it until I can get it replaced?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 3:45:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Push the battery monitor button on your big panel and make sure your converter is working and charging the 12 volt side of things.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Push the battery monitor button on your big panel and make sure your converter is working and charging the 12 volt side of things.
View Quote

We are hooked up to shore power but I just checked. Also, of note there is a solar panel on the roof that maintains the battery charge.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 4:05:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Long shot but I have had CO detectors pick up Freon leaks.  Are you running your AC?
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 4:08:54 PM EDT
[#4]
My old camper had this issue.  

It would go off when we were not even using the camper.  

I replaced it and solved the issue.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 4:57:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Long shot but I have had CO detectors pick up Freon leaks.  Are you running your AC?
View Quote

Yes, A/C is on and has been on for atleast 2 months daily now. The alarm is pretty random, for example yesterday it went off around 1800 for CO. Then around 2300 propane. Nothing today. That’s how it’s been acting for a week or so now.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Just to update. I talked to a rep from RVsafe and they are replacing the unit under warranty. Once I got ahold of them the customer service was 5 star. I D/C’d the faulty detector until the replacement arrives.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:04:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hydrogen produced by the house batteries also sets them off - particularly while the batteries are recharging.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 1:45:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Our 5th wheel is about 6 months old and the carbon monoxide/propane alarm is randomly going off. Sometimes it trips for a CO alarm, sometimes a Propane alarm.

The propane is off, and has been off at the tanks for atleast 2 months. We don’t use the stove and haven’t used the furnace in months.

We are on shore power
Everything is running on electric, fridge and the A/C, etc.

I’ve called the manufacturer of the detector but had to leave a message.

Since the propane is off, and we aren’t burning anything to make CO do you think it’s safe to unhook it until I can get it replaced?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/112911/BE8B95F1-5C8A-43D0-B6D3-7B3CCF4A8184_jpe-2012366.JPG
View Quote

Have you spilt alcohol on it?

My wife dropped a cup of vodka and it took a a few days for ours to get back to normal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top