Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2020 11:46:55 AM EDT
Under 100 yards, I think this will be a great coyote pistol

Link Posted: 7/5/2020 12:43:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for sharing. Neat setup. How's the sound of the 5.7 compared to 22mag or HV 22lr from the can?

Not quite as accurate as I was hoping, but it looks like a bit of a struggle to aim well. How useful is that optic past 100yds on smaller game? Looks like it probably starts to drop off around 150yds. Which model is it?

Do you intend to actually lug that 40rd mag around the field? Seems horribly out of place on the whole pistol as a hunting tool. Think I'd want a 20rd just to keep the size/weight down.

How's the build quality on the banshee? What's the weight on that whole setup without optic? Barrel profile?
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for sharing. Neat setup. How's the sound of the 5.7 compared to 22mag or HV 22lr from the can?

Not quite as accurate as I was hoping, but it looks like a bit of a struggle to aim well. How useful is that optic past 100yds on smaller game? Looks like it probably starts to drop off around 150yds. Which model is it?

Do you intend to actually lug that 40rd mag around the field? Seems horribly out of place on the whole pistol as a hunting tool. Think I'd want a 20rd just to keep the size/weight down.

How's the build quality on the banshee? What's the weight on that whole setup without optic? Barrel profile?
View Quote

A little louder than a 22LR, on par with a 22WMR.

I just produced another video shooting at 100 yards ,around 3MOA or better. This is good enough for head shooting coyoyes or at lthe least double lungs under 100 yards.

The CMMG Banshee is a solid built upper, surprisingly the pistol weighs complete at #8, albeit the Pulsar Thermal with BoBro mount is probably #2. So the pistol is around #6.

For now, I could only find the 40 round from Midway, yes a 20 rounder would be more conducive to a smaller package!
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 2:28:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

A little louder than a 22LR, on par with a 22WMR.

I just produced another video shooting at 100 yards ,around 3MOA or better. This is good enough for head shooting coyoyes or at lthe least double lungs under 100 yards.

The CMMG Banshee is a solid built upper, surprisingly the pistol weighs complete at #8, albeit the Pulsar Thermal with BoBro mount is probably #2. So the pistol is around #6.

For now, I could only find the 40 round from Midway, yes a 20 rounder would be more conducive to a smaller package!
View Quote

Have you shot this setup with a traditional day optic for accuracy? 3moa is plenty for what you want to do with it, a bit loose for what I'd want (more like 2moa for groundhog). I wouldn't expect the best results out of pistol/pdw ammo, but don't really know what the average 5.7 is capable of. Wondering where the limiting factor is here. I've seen your other videos of you shooting and it seems you're plenty capable. Seems like the limiting factor is likely the thermal optic, but of course that's what's getting you hits after dark...

Got any live-target results with those fancy bullets yet?
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Have you shot this setup with a traditional day optic for accuracy? 3moa is plenty for what you want to do with it, a bit loose for what I'd want (more like 2moa for groundhog). I wouldn't expect the best results out of pistol/pdw ammo, but don't really know what the average 5.7 is capable of. Wondering where the limiting factor is here. I've seen your other videos of you shooting and it seems you're plenty capable. Seems like the limiting factor is likely the thermal optic, but of course that's what's getting you hits after dark...

Got any live-target results with those fancy bullets yet?
View Quote

Absolutely the thermal is a very crude optic.

Sometime I'll mount a daytime scope and see what the capabilities are.

Also, I am ordering CMMG's 16.1" barrel to gain more velocity, but its been quoted at 12 weeks.

I hope too test on some live coyotes soon!
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 9:12:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Absolutely the thermal is a very crude optic.

Sometime I'll mount a daytime scope and see what the capabilities are.

Also, I am ordering CMMG's 16.1" barrel to gain more velocity, but its been quoted at 12 weeks.

I hope too test on some live coyotes soon!
View Quote

Which make/model is it? I'm interested in nv/thermal, but have zero experience outside using my issued pvs14 and peq15. Well I did play with a pas28 a bit, but they cost half a years salary for most of us.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Which make/model is it? I'm interested in nv/thermal, but have zero experience outside using my issued pvs14 and peq15. Well I did play with a pas28 a bit, but they cost half a years salary for most of us.
View Quote

Its a 2 & 1/2 year old Pulsar Trail XP38.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 10:39:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I did a little 100 yard paper shooting yesterday.

How Accurate Is My Thermal CMMG 57 Pistol on The Shooting Range

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top