Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2020 9:12:40 PM EDT
Picked this pack up at PCLE in DPM pattern this is the short version.  Got it at my favourite surplus store Varusteleka  Its 90 litres plus 20 more in the side compartments.

Surplus PLCE British Bergan

A little surplus smell to get rid of but I can't wait to get it out for an over nightery.    Then its going to be truck pack.  Going to try and get it more aired out.  My video is a decent overview of the pack.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:59:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool, OP.

That’s a nice rucksack.

How much?
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:30:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I've wondered if they we're GTG, seems so. Neat pack.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:09:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cool, OP.

That’s a nice rucksack.

How much?
View Quote

It was 90 cdn so about 3 dollars USDs :)   Bought it at Varusteleka in Finland.  Cheaper shipping than from anywhere in the world.  They got tons of neat gear.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:26:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I had one similar (not real sure of the model) when i was stationed in the UK. I really liked it, but have no idea where it is now.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 3:30:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had one similar (not real sure of the model) when i was stationed in the UK. I really liked it, but have no idea where it is now.
View Quote

It sucks loosing a good piece of gear... Oh sorry Kit since its British:) There is a gear heaven someplace with all the stuff I have had since I was a kid.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 3:46:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I spent 16 months instructing at the British Army Infantry Battle School and never saw the Soldiers use their Bergans as a Rucksack.  It was a storage device, moved by vehicle, and would link up with the unit when required.  They carry all their kit either on their belt kit or in their assault packs.  The two side pouches (Jetpacks) are sometimes used as a poor mans assault pack by newer, cheap, or poor Soldiers.  If Soldiers have to carry more equipment than the belt kit and assault pack can handle they generally go with a privately purchased ruck.  It appeared to me that the Bergan fills the role of the Duffle Bag in our Army, a place to hold equipment that is nice to have but not mission-critical.  I not very impressed with the Bergan system.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#7]
That's amazing insight.  Appreciate the post and after a few trips that is what this bag will be... A truck bag.   Thanks for the comments.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:17:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Took it for hike today and good results.  Holds and Axe and bucksaw in the gap beteeen the side pocks and the main pack.  Comfortable enough wouldn't want to do 20 km in it three days in a row but a little blue foam in the suspension pocket and we are good.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:24:44 PM EDT
[#9]
The British belt kit or LBE always seemed a lot more ergonomic and user friendly than the US MOLLE armour concept.  

I liked the smock type jacket too.  Kind of a soft shell before we all had soft shells.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top