Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2019 9:30:06 PM EDT
I just heard about this tonight and was wondering if anyone else has heard about it or knows anything about it.

GREGG COUNTY, Texas (KETK) - The Gregg County AgriLIfe Extension Agency is warning people who hunt feral hogs to pay extra attention if you plan on eating them.

This after a green substance was found embedded in the fat of a few hogs in Texas.

Bobcat tapeworm
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 9:34:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Just KILL them
All
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 10:00:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Cook until well done?

Does this mean our hogs will weigh less?

BTW, thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 1:34:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I just heard about this tonight and was wondering if anyone else has heard about it or knows anything about it.

GREGG COUNTY, Texas (KETK) - The Gregg County AgriLIfe Extension Agency is warning people who hunt feral hogs to pay extra attention if you plan on eating them.

This after a green substance was found embedded in the fat of a few hogs in Texas.

Bobcat tapeworm
View Quote
We batted the article around when it came out, which was over a year ago.

If you eat raw wild pork, be concerned.

If you cook your food like a normal human, be unconcerned.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the heads up.  No more piglet tartare.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We batted the article around when it came out, which was over a year ago.

If you eat raw wild pork, be concerned.

If you cook your food like a normal human, be unconcerned.
View Quote
Pretty much this,

And I have found some bad shit in the fat layer of pigs, just sayin.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 1:56:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Bobcat tapeworm
View Quote
Hogs have been having tapeworms like forever. We use to pull them out when we cleaned chitterlings  back when I was growing up. They grow several feet long.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 7:29:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hogs have been having tapeworms like forever. We use to pull them out when we cleaned chitterlings  back when I was growing up. They grow several feet long.
View Quote
Recipe?  For the tapeworms, not the chittlins'.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 7:52:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Yuk!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top