Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2022 11:53:28 AM EDT
From THIS THREAD over in GD.
They have quite a nice setup in the old MI6 facility. LINK with plenty of photos.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 12:59:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I wanted to go there when I was there six years ago but my (now-ex) wife vetoed it.  Maybe next year.  I’ve read a few books about all of that, very cool stuff.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 4:07:19 PM EDT
[#2]
How about this one? LINK
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How about this one? LINK
View Quote

Yup, just last winter.  I think I still have an unread one on my iPad as well.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 9:00:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Of all the setups they radio club has in that building, this is the one I'd like to operate.

On the left is a BC-221 signal generator used either as a VFO to drive what appears to be a repackaging of one of their spy transmitters or to verify the transmitter frequency. The receiver is a late '30s/early '40s National HRO.
The HRO was a favorite of MI6. With their first order, MI6 told National, "start making them, we'll tell you when to stop".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top