Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2021 4:41:40 PM EDT
I duck hunted when I was a kid but haven’t touched a shotgun in almost 15 years. Getting back into it and just bought a Beretta A300 Ultima. It has the Mobilchoke from what I understand.

Will be hunting marsh over decoys and the occasional pond / wooded area for wood duck.

So far I’ve looked into Patternmaster Code Black. What should I be going after?
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 11:30:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd pattern it with the factory chokes first. You'll probably be pleasantly surprised.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 1:55:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By optimator:
I'd pattern it with the factory chokes first. You'll probably be pleasantly surprised.
View Quote

Indeed and I plan on doing that this weekend. I've read reports of inconsistency with the factory Beretta chokes so if I'm looking to upgrade, might as well get the latest and greatest. There seems to be some other benefits with the Patternmaster in regards to wad control and reduced shot string.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I’m extremely partial to Patternmaster tubes. I’ve run the extended range one in all my shotguns and have been very impressed!

Can’t go wrong with em!
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 11:33:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Briley light modified is good all around for ducks.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 8:14:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#5]
Originally Posted By DORR:
View Quote

My brother in law put a full choke in my beretta for tomorrow
First time hunting in a decade
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 10:44:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mb121] [#6]
I would check the choke, unless it’s marked SP (steel proofed) I would not use it with steel.  If you’re hitting them in the decoys I would go IC or even LM, if they’re hanging out farther then Mod.
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 11:58:50 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

That's what I use in my 390.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 10:51:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I never take modified out of my SBE except to lube it.  Occasionally a duck will lose its head but its the best all around imo.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 12:22:19 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

My duck hunting buddy & mentor got me using light modified chokes. Briley or Carlson. See what patterns the best.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top