Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2021 11:28:06 PM EDT
We are wanting to buy a new, largest model made All American canner.  Is there a go-to place that is best to purchase from?
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 12:21:22 AM EDT
[#1]
A number of years ago we bought a 941 directly from All American as a blemished unit.  I never found what caused them to classify it this way, and do not know if they still sell canners this way.  I do know that availability has been tight ever since the pandemic started.  It may be a case of simply finding one that is available and paying (or overpaying) for it.  If you do find one, I would not wait long to purchase it.

Edit: Lehman's has them in stock.  They are a well regarded company, but not inexpensive.

The manufacturers website is: https://allamerican1930.com/ if you are interested.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 9:33:37 AM EDT
[#2]
The best way is at garage sales and auctions. But it took me years of patience to get one that way. This will be my first season using it. But I got it for a song in an auction this past winter. It's not the largest model, but it's adequate. Paid $56 for a lot of stuff including the All American, 3 water bath canners, a ridiculously heavy 3-gal galvanized bucket, a heavy steel "indestructible" mailbox, and some other misc.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 10:35:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
We are wanting to buy a new, largest model made All American canner.  Is there a go-to place that is best to purchase from?
View Quote
Order from the Redhill General Store. When I ordered, They quoted me a 6 month lead time. We got it in 4 weeks. JMHO YMMV
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top