Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2018 9:41:16 PM EDT
So I have a new 6'3" ML/XF rod I bought for jigging crappie. I prefer Daiwa to Shimano spin reels because D still has the anti-reverse switch. The larger diameter of the spool on the  2000/2500 size reel casts much better than a 1000 size. For a couple other crappie rods, I recently bought the new Daiwa Revros LT at $50 ea., and I am completely happy with them for crappie. I was thinking about another in the 2000 size for this rod, which I can tell I like a lot already, and just know I am going to catch the shit out of some fish with it. Mostly crappie, but also some spots and LMB which populate my home lake, and often hit the jigs.

What reels you guys like?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 9:50:10 PM EDT
[#1]
These are very nice, smooth as silk reels (sorry forgot how to make hot)
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/pflueger-supreme-spinning-reel
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 6:34:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Never owned a Shakespeare reel before (just the rods); I'll check them out.

To fish, or not to fish, that is the question!
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:48:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RamblinWreck] [#3]
There's a company called Cadence that has spinning rods and reels, and I got one of their CS10 reels to try out, in the 2000 size. Under $100 on special right now. It has 10 bearings. I've had it on a few trips and caught a few fish with it, and I like it a lot - super smooth and feels solid, little better retrieve rate than my Diawas. Probably gonna get another. The only other reels I have that compare are my $200+ Shimano Stradic Ci4+ and JDM Daiwa Luvias. I also bought and like the Cadence 6' CS5 Light/Fast 2-piece and the 6'3" Med Light/xtra fast CS7 1-piece spinning rods. The 6'3" ML/XF CS7 is now my preferred kayak crappie jigging rod, and would be good (and sporty) with a Ned rig or small finesse worm for bass. I learned about the brand watching Richard Gene the Fishin' Machine on youtube. Love that guy's videos.

Cadence CS10 spinning reel
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top