Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2022 12:40:51 PM EDT
Looks like Berkey is having a sale on some of their filter systems.  Not a huge savings, but anything helps now a days.  

Berkey Sale
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 1:07:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#2]
The sale price is 17% higher then I paid in January.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Their prices went up pretty significantly. I was going to order a spare set of black filters, the last set I bought in 2020 was something like $110. Now they're $166. Yikes. That's a lot of money for a couple carbon filters. I have a hard time seeing the value for my money and I didn't order them.

Also that Berkey website is not actually the manufacturer Berkey website just FYI. Not saying it isin't legit but the actual website is berkeywater.com
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 6:44:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Their prices went up pretty significantly. I was going to order a spare set of black filters, the last set I bought in 2020 was something like $110. Now they're $166. Yikes. That's a lot of money for a couple carbon filters. I have a hard time seeing the value for my money and I didn't order them.

Also that Berkey website is not actually the manufacturer Berkey website just FYI. Not saying it isin't legit but the actual website is berkeywater.com
View Quote

I ordered my Berkey from Canadian Prepper. Price was the same as U.S. stores after currency conversion.
No state sales tax saved another 8.75% and free shipping.

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 8:45:06 AM EDT
[#5]
If you sign up for their news letter they offer deals all the time, very few are really worth it but when they are be ready to jump because it doesn’t last long.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 9:10:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yikes!   I remember the pre-$110 price.  

Speaking of filters, what are some good ways to clean & reuse them?
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 9:55:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

They have a “how to” video on their sight.  Basically a green pad and cold water.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:02:13 PM EDT
[#8]
So Berky doesn't offer the silver impregnated ceramic filters anymore?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:06:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They have a “how to” video on their sight.  Basically a green pad and cold water.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My directions from 2001 era stated to wipe gently with the pad then boil for 10-15 minutes to revive the charcoal.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Berkeys are generally good kit, but the quality of the water output is entirely dependent on the filters used.

Suggest carefully considering your needs.  Suggest having your water analyzed by competent people, before making any decisions about filters.  It may be that some careful and inexpensive pre-filtering of gross containments will significantly augment expensive filter life, such as overlaying filters with carefully applied nylon-stocking material.

Shop around and pay close attention as to filter "certifying" sources; some sources are more trustworthy than others.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:27:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Crappy water run trou a coffee filter and wire mesh basket and will same your filters using dirty water.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:26:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I have ordered multiple systems from this guy over the years.  May be the same company, who knows, but never an issue and seemed to be cheaper or on par with most sites.
Link
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:34:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So Berky doesn't offer the silver impregnated ceramic filters anymore?
View Quote

Here ya go @DancingBear
https://www.directive21.com/products/9-inch-super-sterasyl-ceramic-replacement-filters/
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:36:00 AM EDT
[#14]

Thanks, going to replace mine this year.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:22:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Crappy water run trou a coffee filter and wire mesh basket and will same your filters using dirty water.
View Quote
Using a cheap and easily-used/easily maintained pre-filter of some sort is a very good way to save wear and tear on expensive "Main" filters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top