Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2018 6:51:24 PM EDT
Alright guys, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm trying to find a backpack that will hold a scoped AR10. Eberlestock is too expensive. I do like the look of the insight multiple weapon pack, but not sure if it'll hold the weight. Just want a bag that can hold the rifle along with a few extra layers of clothes and my night vision clip on and illuminator and batteries. Walking with the current backpack I have now and putting the AR on a sling makes for a suck ass walk to the stand. Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you considered an external frame pack? Even the less expensive ones will allow you to strap anything you want to them, and they're solid. I bought a Cabela's for $135. It's comfortable, capable, and the bag is huge.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#2]
This bag comes with backpack straps and has enough extra storage compartments to hold your stated extras.  
Not sure how comfortable this would be packing a long distance.  But a mile or so would probably be an OK option.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939171584/midwayusa-sniper-drag-bag-tactical-rifle-case
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a Alps Outdoorz Pursuit pack. It holds rifles or bows. I used it on my scoped Savage 15 Recon as well as my scoped Mossberg Patriot. It was inexpensive and has many of the same features as more expensive packs. Under $80.00 on Amazon for the Realtree Edge pattern and under $90.00 for the Mossy Oak Country pattern.  http://www.alpsoutdoorz.com/products/packs/hunting-packs/pursuit
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 8:52:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought a Alps Outdoorz Pursuit pack. It holds rifles or bows. I used it on my scoped Savage 15 Recon as well as my scoped Mossberg Patriot. It was inexpensive and has many of the same features as more expensive packs. Under $80.00 on Amazon for the Realtree Edge pattern and under $90.00 for the Mossy Oak Country pattern.  http://www.alpsoutdoorz.com/products/packs/hunting-packs/pursuit
View Quote
I'm liking this one. Is this awkward to walk with a rifle on the back of it?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:07:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I didn't find it awkward carrying a rifle. In fact shorter rifles like AR's will work better then longer guns. You just need to adjust the length of the straps on the pocket for the rifle butt to make sure the rifle barrel doesn't sit too high above your head. Otherwise you will be banging the barrel on every branch you walk past if you are in thickly wooded areas. The really nice feature of this pack is the fold down pocket that is easily accessible once you get to your stand. I keep things that I need quick access to in that pocket and the rest of my stuff in the main compartment. If you search around you may get it on sale. I found mine on Amazon when they had a sale and got it for $68.00. I've used mine for 2 years now for hunting and hiking and so far no problems with anything breaking, and I load it up quite a bit.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:46:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I use 3-Day Assault packs, they work very well and have all kind of attachment points
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 2:24:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I use 3-Day Assault packs, they work very well and have all kind of attachment points
View Quote
How do you attach the rifle?

On your back, side of the pack or sling it to a shoulder strap?
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:19:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

How do you attach the rifle?

On your back, side of the pack or sling it to a shoulder strap?
View Quote

on either side there are two straps I use for gun... and when I use it for crossbow there are two straps on the top that work perfectly
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#9]
The new Camelbak packs are rifle/bow haulers.  Dont have any personal experience but they look well thought out.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:24:07 PM EDT
[#10]
A buddy of mine let me try this bag, it really fits the bill. Exactly what I was looking for.

The ol' PVS-30
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 8:28:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I have the Badlands Clutch.  Just picked it up a few weeks ago after deer season.  I was able to get it for 60% off so it was really affordable.  Every once in awhile they offer a 50% off for friends and family.

My previous hunts I used an external pack frame to pack everything out.

http://www.badlandspacks.com/gear/packs/clutch-bclutchappr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top