Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2020 9:34:10 AM EDT
Every one I have seen have bad reviews. Do you use one that works. Need suggestions.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I got a cheapo one from academy last year for 89.99 worked fine.. had to play with the broadcast setting but works fine
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 10:02:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a moultrie Pro Hunter that has lasted me like 4 years so far. Just remember to put a cage around the spinner so coons can't climb up and eat away at the spinner.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 6:50:32 PM EDT
[#3]
All Season and Lamco both make decent feeders. You can get nicer ones, but they go up considerably in price.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 7:19:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had good luck with the Moultrie feeders, I just have the basic one. The only gripe is that if you use corn from the mill it has trash in it that gets stuck in the spinner and will not dispense until you clear it.

also get the varmint guard to keep the freaking racoons out of it.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 3:58:15 AM EDT
[#5]
We build our own.
The hopper is thick sheet metal welded together. Square shape.
Homemade tripod using 2" sch 40 or 80 pipe from the local oilfield supply company.
Thrower and timer is off the shelf.

Bolted a hand winch from Northern Tool to one of the legs to hoist and lower the hopper when it comes time to fill it.
We have a lot of pigs, so anything affordable at any outdoor store would have been destroyed by pigs.

Link Posted: 1/5/2021 8:57:33 AM EDT
[#6]
We run These. Have about a half dozen and looking to get more.
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 11:54:55 PM EDT
[#7]
The longest I’ve got out of the sub $150 feeders was about 6 years.  This was a $100 Moultrie.  I took the motor off and replaced with their gravity feed kit that bolts right on.

As my other feeders die, I plan to put the gravity feeder kit on all of them.  It’s nice not having to fool around with batteries and timers.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:09:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I have one of these from academy.  I’ve only had it two years, but it’s been very reliable so far.  It survived a bear attack lol.   Happy with the solar too.  Keeps it running when I can’t get to the cabin.

Academy no hassle 720 lb feeder.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top