Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2022 7:24:23 PM EDT
And liked?  Some of the products are way too high in sodium, like 700+mg for a 1/3 cup serving.  So what have you tried that you liked?
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 7:34:30 PM EDT
[#1]
pancake mix is fantastic
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Another vote for the pancake mix.

Link Posted: 7/10/2022 10:31:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Mashed potatoes are good. Honey corn bread is ok. Can't find the blueberry pancake mix for some reason but it was really good.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 12:57:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Potato shreds are great. lots of items are on sale on Amazon right now.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 2:10:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Bread and scone mix. There is a recipe for breadsticks on the can. Made it twice so far and the family likes it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 2:46:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Banana chips taste just like you would expect from a banana chip -- no surprises there.

The only other one I have opened is the butter powder.  I haven't messed with it too much, but it didn't completely disgust me.

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:30:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Spiffy Whip is better than Cool Whip

Freeze dried Raspberries and Blackberries.
Powdered honey and butter.
Cheese powder, Colby freeze dried cheese shreds
Soup mixes
Powdered eggs are...powdered eggs.
Dough enhancer, biscuit mix.
Morning moo and chocolate moo
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Banana chips taste just like you would expect from a banana chip -- no surprises there.
View Quote

Another vote on Banana chips as well..
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
pancake mix is fantastic
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#11]
The milk is good to go.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 3:15:28 PM EDT
[#12]
After trying almost everything they offer, we regularly stock morning moos, black bean burger, potatoe shreds, spinach flakes, powdered butter, sweet corn, peanut butter powder, and onion flake.  

Link Posted: 7/18/2022 9:14:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Powdered cheddar is awesome.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 5:26:08 AM EDT
[#14]
The powdered eggs were good, but the price has gotten insane. Auguson's price went from 38 bucks for a can of egg powder to 116 bucks.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 8:45:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The powdered eggs were good, but the price has gotten insane. Auguson's price went from 38 bucks for a can of egg powder to 116 bucks.
View Quote

I usually have Auguson's in my Amazon basket and watch for sales. Sometimes you can luck up and catch an item on sale. But yeah, it's gotten really spendy, even worse than it was.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I usually have Auguson's in my Amazon basket and watch for sales. Sometimes you can luck up and catch an item on sale. But yeah, it's gotten really spendy, even worse than it was.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tried Judee's egg powder a while back and thought it was decent.  It's packed in Mylar envelopes and doesn't claim the same shelf life, though I'd bet the life is longer than their listed 18 months.  Refrigeration or freezing may help extend that as well.  It's still expensive, but certainly cheaper than the Auguson's cans.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#17]
What's the best source for Auguson stuff?  Every time I get close to pulling the trigger on something on Amazon, I can't get over the number of reviews talking about damaged product.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:30:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What's the best source for Auguson stuff?  Every time I get close to pulling the trigger on something on Amazon, I can't get over the number of reviews talking about damaged product.
View Quote

I just remind myself that some/most people who bother to leave reviews only do so when they've had a negative experience.  If the average person buys something and likes it and it works as it is supposed to, they just go on with their day.  But if the opposite happens, they go on a warpath.  I sell quite a bit on Amazon and Ebay, and this is definitely my experience.  More so with Amazon than Ebay, but both are bad about it.

I've bought quite a lot of Augason stuff on Amazon, and I've never had a damaged shipment (knock on wood)
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 3:11:40 PM EDT
[#20]
I've never had a damaged shipment of Augason Foods from Amazon either!
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:23:17 AM EDT
[#21]
I haven't ever had a damaged can from Amazon that I can remember, either.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:45:49 PM EDT
[#22]
I've bought a lot of their stuff and received a lot of dented cans.  The trick is to buy the heavier cans in packs of 2.  Doing so, you will have better luck receiving cans w/o damage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top