Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2019 4:59:44 PM EDT
Augason Farms 5-20091 Deluxe Emergency 30-Day Food Supply (1 Person), 200 Servings, 36,600 Calories, Net Weight 20 lbs. 7 oz. ($52.04), I paid $72.22 a week ago on the same one on Amazon, just picked up a 2nd one.

Edit, picked up 3 more today....

Amazon Product
  • 200 Total Servings and 37, 080 Total Calories
  • 1, 236 Calories per day
  • 24 Pouches and 11 Total Varieties

Link Posted: 7/4/2019 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're working hard to stay survived, expect to throw another 200 calories per day into that.  Canned meats would work fine.
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been wanting to get something like this to keep stashed away.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 6:32:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Pouches appear to be multiple servings.  Anybody have experience with this being solo and subsequent storage?
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 10:11:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pouches appear to be multiple servings.  Anybody have experience with this being solo and subsequent storage?  
View Quote
Assuming you will eat an entire pouch in a reasonable amount of time once opened I would think that adding some gallon ziplock bags to store opened pouches in would be sufficient.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 2:00:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Assuming you will eat an entire pouch in a reasonable amount of time once opened I would think that adding some gallon ziplock bags to store opened pouches in would be sufficient.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’ve been told that freeze dried food, if you reseal (twist off) n keep cool and dry (in shade) the pouches will last a day or two.  Since they have nomoistjre for bacteria, it slows the rancidification or whatever.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 1:52:03 PM EDT
[#6]
It will last much longer than a day.  A long time ago Costco used to sell #10 cans of Butler Creek freeze dried soups. I bought a couple of the cans and ate them over the course of a couple of months without any problem.  The potato soup was great when you add a bunch of cooked sausage to it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top