Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2019 1:42:22 PM EDT
I've been buying these military boots for a while now. Recently I got ahold of Bates 922 and really like them. The Bates 922 are made in the US and that's quite important to me, at least for serious use stuff.

I recently got some Salmon Quest 4D boots after hearing great reviews on them from the military. I'm very surprised that they are made in China given they are used heavily by the SF community. Did I get a legit pair or are these knock offs?
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 10:15:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Your smart phone is, so does it really matter these days?
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 7:43:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've been buying these military boots for a while now. Recently I got ahold of Bates 922 and really like them. The Bates 922 are made in the US and that's quite important to me, at least for serious use stuff.

I recently got some Salmon Quest 4D boots after hearing great reviews on them from the military. I'm very surprised that they are made in China given they are used heavily by the SF community. Did I get a legit pair or are these knock offs?
View Quote
Knock-offs sneaking in and masquerading as the real-deal U.S-made product have been a major problem for Amazon, so I'm sure it happens elsewhere.

Boots, shoes, pants, coats, purses, knives. The type of item doesn't seem to matter.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 8:06:14 PM EDT
[#3]
My Salomon’s are made in Vietnam.

I also bought them from a licensed vendor.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:29:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I guess my problem is that these boots are popular within the military circle. Seems odd to be fighting a society bent on tyranny and killing people with different ideas when the very things you're fighting with are made by people who think the exact same thing.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Seems like I should have done my research.

Apparently the Salomon company was bought by a Chinese company this year: https://news.cgtn.com/news/3d3d774d79516a4d33457a6333566d54/index.html

And in this article in 2009, https://www.livefortheoutdoors.com/gear-reviews/footwear/articles/Gear-Reviews/Search-Results/Footwear/Salomon-Quest-4D-GTX-2009 it says the shoes are made in China.

Man I am pissed.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 1:59:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Well that sucks.  I was about to pull the trigger and buy a pair
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I have these boots and they are excellent.  I want to support USA made products as much as possible. Is there a comparable boot like the Salomon that is US made?
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 11:59:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine was made in Korea..

As for the boots, my old 4Ds say made in China, my new ones say Vietnam.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 12:14:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Pair I got about 12ish months ago says they’re made in Cambodia.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top