Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2021 10:01:31 PM EDT
Do any of the other manufactures mics work with an Anytone 578? I tried one of my yaesu ones and it didnt work.

I dont need the number pad (just a ptt and audio). If the keypad worked that would be a plus.

Im trying to make a backpack radio for my anytone and dont like how bulky the standard anytone one is and how it has buttons on every side.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 10:29:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Look up the pinouts and possibly rewire a kenwood knockoff mic?
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Im currently trying to rewire a yaesu mic...its not going well

I wonder if the kenwood ones would at least ptt properly.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#3]
You need to check the impedance.  The radio may require a low impedance mic while the mic is a high impedance mic.  That wouldn't prevent the PTT from working if that's your problem, but it might prevent the audio from working.  Some mics can be set for low or high impedance.  I have a Kenwood MC-50 desk mic that is set up that way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top