Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2019 1:16:18 AM EDT
I have been mulling around the idea of trading my dirtbike for an E-bike when it comes to hunting season.  Most of the areas I hunt are behind gates where you cant ride a dirtbike but you can ride a bicycle.  Rad Rover is local to me and they have a 275 or 300lb carrying capacity model with a +/- 20 mile charge.

Ive seen the Quiet Cat and some others advertised on television but Im curious if anyone here uses one.
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 9:48:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I keep thinking the same. I have an old Mt bike that could be retrofitted.   Almost need a trailer though to carry out elk quarters.
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 7:30:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By NoImpactNoIdea:
I have been mulling around the idea of trading my dirtbike for an E-bike when it comes to hunting season.  Most of the areas I hunt are behind gates where you cant ride a dirtbike but you can ride a bicycle.  Rad Rover is local to me and they have a 275 or 300lb carrying capacity model with a +/- 20 mile charge.

Ive seen the Quiet Cat and some others advertised on television but Im curious if anyone here uses one.
View Quote
I have been mulling these over as well, but some of the areas I hunt, you can ride a bike or horse but no atvs..... and I believe some of the signs say no motorized travel - and this would qualify as it is electric , I gotta do a little more research

even if they are allowed now, Im sure outfitters will bitch about them and CPW DOW will limit their use
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By J-L:

I have been mulling these over as well, but some of the areas I hunt, you can ride a bike or horse but no atvs..... and I believe some of the signs say no motorized travel - and this would qualify as it is electric , I gotta do a little more research

even if they are allowed now, Im sure outfitters will bitch about them and CPW DOW will limit their use
View Quote
FWIW, there are two drive systems that I know of and they are classified differently. One is a motorized version that allows you to press a lever and the bike goes. The other is a peddle assist system. The peddle assist system is not treated as a motorized vehicle. This has been ruled in court iirc.

I have used a mountain bike as a hunt rig. If I could afford an electric assist bike I would be all over it. FWIW, make sure your trail skills are up to speed because your pack and/or trailer will change the flow on a trail.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 10:15:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Bump for follow up
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 11:45:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I want one but the price tags are are pretty high. The ones that get my attention are 6-7k.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I ended up buying a RadRover and it was good for what it was.  I tended to use it a little more as a moped than an assisted bike so I didn't get the full 25 or so miles out of the charge but it carried me and my gear well...I wouldn't know about with an animal because all the elk in my GMU successfully evaded me.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Elk? What is the bike rated to carry? I would think a trailer might be needed?
More details pictures if you have the time.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 8:43:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Awesome. I rode a friend’s quiet cat in elk camp and was very impressed
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 8:50:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been eying one of these (UBCO 2x2) it's more of a road-legal moped than an e-bike but with a 75-mile range and lots of options to haul stuff on it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 8:54:02 PM EDT
[#10]
@bullf-16 has some experience with electric bikes for hunting
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 12:19:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Tag for interest! I've been thinking about getting a fat bike with drive assist for this very reason!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top