Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2021 6:44:18 PM EDT
The house is almost done being built and we have a few acres to play on.  I'm looking for a recommendation for sub $200.00 metal detectors.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#1]
A friend of mine used a Garrett Ace 300 and highly recommend it. Close to your price range new but I've seen them used under 200.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't but have buddy with a couple, when he visits, we gonna run around my property with them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 9:37:23 PM EDT
[#3]
This isn't so much a recommendation as it is an "I bought one and haven't used it yet." Anyway, Academy Sports had a Bounty Hunter 11 on sale for $200.00 at Christmas, they are regularly $500.00. I don't know if they are still on sale or not, but from what I read about them they are good enough for someone who is just playing around with one.
ETA, just checked and they are still showing to be on sale.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 10:59:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Fisher F2 it works pretty good. Best tip is to get a Garrett Pinpointer. There are others but the Garrett has better accuracy at a longer distance.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/ go here and read. When you are ready to buy contact a associate member and they will cut you a better than advertised deal.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:47:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Fisher F2 it works pretty good. Best tip is to get a Garrett Pinpointer. There are others but the Garrett has better accuracy at a longer distance.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/ go here and read. When you are ready to buy contact a associate member and they will cut you a better than advertised deal.
View Quote

Not sure if I'm missing something but where are the associate members "located?"   I'm ready to buy.  

@fas2c
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 12:07:44 AM EDT
[#6]
@AKJEFF,
I purchased mine through these people BigBoysHobbies Give them a call or shoot them an email, tell them you are a  member of Friendly Metal Detecting Forum and you wanted to buy and you heard they offered forum member discounts and they will hook you up.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 12:15:36 AM EDT
[#7]
https://metaldetectingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 9:12:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Will give them a shout.  Thank you much!
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:14:24 PM EDT
[#9]
That’s on my list of things to buy. I found out where an old farmstead is on my property by using old aerial photos that I found online.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:03:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@AKJEFF,
I purchased mine through these people BigBoysHobbies Give them a call or shoot them an email, tell them you are a  member of Friendly Metal Detecting Forum and you wanted to buy and you heard they offered forum member discounts and they will hook you up.
View Quote

This.... I also recommend Big Boys Hobbies... call and talk to Bart, or use the messenger on their web site.   I have bought a few over the years from him,  quite knowledgeable, price can't be beat, and shipping was quick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top