Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2023 5:33:49 PM EDT
Good afternoon All,

I am looking for "real world" experience with the brand named Pecron. I'm looking at the E3000 and E2000LFP power
stations with re-charging from their solar panels (either the Aurora 200 or the PV 300). My goal is to have a backup
system that will run small appliances, hand held devices, lights, and run a CPAP. This system will be one piece of the puzzle
backing up a small dual fuel generator (2kw) as well as a whole house genny (30kw - which uses too much propane for long term use).

1) In case of bugout, I like the portability option
    2) budget 4-5K

I've also been looking at EcoFlow as another option.  I am hoping that the "Hive" might have ones their using now and can
give me Pro's & Con's to their preferred system. Any input from current users is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out HOBOTECH reviews on youtube if you have not alread

him and Will Prowse too

BUT ONLY GET LFPO4 power stations, about 3 to 5X longer life than regular LithiumIon/LiPo and no chance of explosion/fires
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 9:35:54 PM EDT
[#2]
4 to 5K you can DIY a system that is more powerful but not as portable

5KWh LFPO4 48V battery $1500
Hybrid inverter/controller $700
4 pcs 400W Mono crystalline panels $800
assorted cables and connector box round you out to $5k
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 3:40:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vdab890] [#3]
Pecron has a lot of positive reviews on YouTube, I have been looking at the ecoflow for a while now only negative I have seen is that they tend to be a little loud when fan starts(delta pro)
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:46:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ar15joe:
4 to 5K you can DIY a system that is more powerful but not as portable

5KWh LFPO4 48V battery $1500
Hybrid inverter/controller $700
4 pcs 400W Mono crystalline panels $800
assorted cables and connector box round you out to $5k
View Quote

What is the source on the 5KWh battery for $1500?
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 3:48:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:06:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the input. I decided to go with Pecron E2000LFP. For those not electrically inclined, it does
come with schematics on how to assemble the whole system. There's a pretty good sale right
now E2000LFP if all you need is the "HEAD" and no solar panels (if you've already got your own).
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 2:26:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought the Pecron E600LFP because it was such a good deal during Memorial Day sale (> .48 per Wh). I just got it in today, so I will be checking it out soon.

It seems like a pretty solid little unit. We shall see.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 8:04:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Pecron just sent out their Prime Day Sale email. There are some really good per Wh prices on their site. You can build a 5kWh system for roughly $2k and/or you can get a 2kWh head unit for $899, all LFP.

Prime Day Sale

If you look on youtube for the specific piece that you are looking for, there are sometimes codes for another 5% off that work with the sale prices.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 1:52:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I have been looking at the Pecrons for the last couple of hours. They seem like a good unit. They just don't have all of the bells & whistles many others have. Which I really don't need. I did find code GOGREEN takes about another 5% off of the price. Can not see when the sale ends.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 11:24:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ruffhowzer:
I have been looking at the Pecrons for the last couple of hours. They seem like a good unit. They just don't have all of the bells & whistles many others have. Which I really don't need. I did find code GOGREEN takes about another 5% off of the price. Can not see when the sale ends.
View Quote

My email says the sale ends on the 12th.
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 12:12:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 8upwitHDs:

My email says the sale ends on the 12th.
View Quote
Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 6:03:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I took advantage of the sale pricing over the holiday weekend and today my E2000LFP came in. Seems like a quality unit, just like the E600LFP.

Both of the units use charging bricks and I think that this is a plus for the units. Less to go wrong in the battery unit and they are replaceable. When the units charge, they sound like a hair dryer on low. Both of them charged fairly quickly from 66% to full in less than an hour. E2000LFP also comes with (2) 5 pin to MC4 solar connectors, so that was nice. My E600LFP has been charged for over a month and there has been no detectable parasitic loss.

I still like the fact that both of the Pecron units do not have internet/Wifi/Bluetooth/App. Simplicity and lack of connection may be the right way to go in this chaotic world going forward.

The new Pecrons will have Wifi and an App (E1500LFP).

Oh and I found a cheaper cart than the Pecron offering. I put both units on and it works great... 7 wheel expandable unit. Works good on tile and low carpet. For those needing to go outside, probably not a good choice.

Amazon Product
  • BRAKE WHEEL:This upgraded folding hand truck is equipped with 7 pcs3.15" TPR removable tank wheels: 2* directional front wheels, 2* 360\u00b0brake wheels and 3 *360\u00b0rorate wheels. Quiet and wear-resistant wheels greatly improve the folding cart's agility and stability.The brake wheels ensure the folding dolly does not slip during loading and unloading,Stay still even on30\u00b0slopes.

Link Posted: 9/17/2023 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Pecron is running the E600LFP for $299 again (614Wh).

If you use a code like GOGREEN or SOUTHE600LFP (just grabbed those off of youtube video's, not affiliated with any of these folks), it will bring the price down to $284.50 delivered.

Pecron E600LFP
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 8upwitHDs:

Pecron is running the E600LFP for $299 again (614Wh).

If you use a code like GOGREEN or SOUTHE600LFP (just grabbed those off of youtube video's, not affiliated with any of these folks), it will bring the price down to $284.50 delivered.

Pecron E600LFP
View Quote

Mine just got here yesterday. Charged up fine. Haven't done any testing yet. It's only about 20lbs so pretty portable. With a capacity of 600Wh, it should be good to run for a while. I'm probably going to run a test to see how long it can run my ham radio setup (and to see if it generates a lot of RF interference).

Note it has two solar charging ports, one for lower voltage more traditional portable panels (100W) and another for higher voltage panels (up to 95V I think it said) up to 400W. The 400W AC power brick plugs into this same port. If I read the manual right, it does support charging and discharging at the same time but doesn't support a UPS-like function. Not sure yet what that means (ie don't know if it shuts off the output ports if the input side loses power or not).
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 9:27:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Plane, congrats. They call it pass-through charging. Meaning, the unit will continue to charge if the output power is less that what is coming into the unit. So if you are running a couple of 200w panels in series, with an actual charge rate of 320W, and you are running a small fan off the AC side at 100W, you will still be charging at 220W until the unit is full. The charge port is supposed to kick off once max charge is reached.

As for UPS, it is just not in this unit. The new E1500LFP can do it as a new feature.

I did buy a second E600LFP as well....should be here in a week or so.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:09:54 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't know if anyone is watching this thread, but I noticed this morning that Pecron has the E2000LFP for $899 and the EB3000 for $1099. So you can build a 5k Wh system for a little less than $2k if you get some discount codes off of Youtube video's and do seperate orders.

($899)
E2000LFP

($1099)
EB3000
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:27:21 PM EDT
[#17]
FYI, I used my Pecron 600W unit over the weekend during the eclipse to power my ham radio. Did fine. Also used a 600W folding solar panel to keep it charged. It was interesting watching the charging power drop going into the eclipse then come back up on the back side. At max, the 600W panel was putting in about 385W which is just shy of the 400W the 600FLP says the max input is. The panel was flat on the ground and not pointed at the sun. At the minimum, the Pecron was at around 40% and by the time I was packing up to leave, it was back to 100%.

Am really tempted to get the 2000LFP. The 1500lfp has a UPS function that unfortunately the 2000 doesn't have. The 2000 is also 48.5lbs so not exactly something you want to haul around.

I wonder if they're going to be introducing higher capacity versions like the 1500LFP that has a UPS function.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top