Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2018 5:00:03 PM EDT
I am converting an older steel carport into a coop lol it's um interesting to say the least. Let's see the interesting things you have converted into a coop.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:55:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That should make a great coop!   Post pics!  Tag for interest.
View Quote
I'll post some pictures soon. The exterior is ugly as sin lol I have a lot of work to do on it
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 10:39:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't post pics, but made a coop out of cattle panels bent into an arch on an 8x8 2x6 frame. All sorts of pics online.
It has chicken wire everywhere, and heavier wire around bottom 4ft all zip tied to panels and stapled to wood.

Use an electric fence on step in posts to keep out varmints. Had a chicken wire skirt, but it just got in the way when moving, and something got under it one time by grounding out the fence on the chicken wire I assume.
Food and nipple water bucket hang. Lightweight and mobile. Use it for broilers to minimize poop accumulation.

You may be able to use panels for a sturdy lightweight frame to attach wire to on carport?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top