Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2017 9:59:43 AM EDT
Looking at going duck hunting in Nicaragua when I get back from deployment. Any thoughts or opinions? or a Why or Why not
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 10:15:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven`t been duck hunting down there but I have been fishing. Sketchy place with 14 year olds with no shirts on and full auto AKs at check points along the river/border with Costa Rica. Not a fun experience.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Last time I was hunting in Nicaragua it was during a deployment.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 12:08:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve got an old school friend that has a place in Nicaragua and spends his winters down there. Always after me to come down and hang. He says it’s safe,and he can own a gun there.Ive read that they have great teal hunting. I’m kind of interested.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 4:06:55 PM EDT
[#4]
By all means, do it.   You will shoot mostly the same species you would in S. Texas.  It's a short trip compared to ARG and that's why I like it.

Stay in Mangua and fly out to the shooting areas in helicopters each morning.  Night life in Managua is worth your while, especially after a deployment.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Never mind
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 5:56:38 PM EDT
[#6]
By all means, do it.   You will shoot mostly the same species you would in S. Texas.  It's a short trip compared to ARG and that's why I like it.

Stay in Mangua and fly out to the shooting areas in helicopters each morning.  Night life in Managua is worth your while, especially after a deployment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top