Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2022 3:27:01 AM EDT
We will check our spot tomorrow as it has been hot hot hot here in SW AK.

Hopefully we can gather quite a bit.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 5:17:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Haven't done it in awhile here in Michigan, but there is a low area along a nearby stream that can really produce, I should go take a look. Mothers day seems to be when they are best, so maybe I am too late. Thanks for the reminder!
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 8:51:14 AM EDT
[#2]
My wife did last weekend, spotty compared to some years.  Our weather was kind of weird this spring, though. She went out for morels a couple days ago, which haven't really come out yet, significantly behind schedule. But the blueberry bushes are looking good already, which will be nice, as last year's crop was almost non-existent due to drought
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:38:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Few gallons so far the wife picked.

Around 12 gallons picked
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:04:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Picked some last weekend.  They came up late this year like everything else.  Had a good harvest of ramps this year.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#6]

We went out and gathered about a gallon's worth never having tried them. My wife boiled them up for 10-minutes, let them cool, and ate them all.

I discovered from a 19th century map that the rise opposite of my home had a house built on it. Wandering around the area following the spring melt I can see several depressions in the ground, one definitely house size. Another might have been a cellar or shelter as there was a deep hole maybe 12' square. I found the trash heap and dug some stuff out of it including an old carbine. There's there 100-year old apple trees and wild salads growing in the area including lots and lots of these fiddlehead ferns. Also some ornamental flowering bulbs. A post WWII map shows the house gone so it's been gone at least that long.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top