Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2021 11:30:10 PM EDT
What lights ya'll using? My two OMCBA pups are a bit over 6 months old. they are treeing squirrel pretty well. They treed something the other night in the yard, my flashlight wasn't bright enough to make out what it was way up in the tree. I did see eyes thought. Time to start taking these pups out into the woods at night now.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:03:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dirtydog] [#1]
I'll bet it's been 35 years. Back then all we used were old flashlights. I remember the guy that first took me out and introduced me was a crusty old E9.

eta, I wouldn't over think it. Have fun and take extra batteries. Pupps will have fun if you don't expect too much.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:52:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Back in the day, a 2 cell light for walking thru the woods(unless their was a Full Moon) and a 7 "D" cell Ray-o-Vac for a tree light. We were pretty serious and usually got 2 to 4 coons each night. No foxes or possums either and only 1 bobcat in 4 years. We gave the coons to some locals and they ate them. Today I would use a 250 lumen for walking and a 1000 lumen for a tree light.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:39:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I ended up getting a Kohree cap light. Saw some reviews online and they were almost all positive. Should be here tomorrow. If I end up coon hunting a lot, I will keep this as a backup light/let my daughter use it light and get me a better light. I do plan to try getting these dogs into some night hunts if they start treeing coon like they do squirrels.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 6:07:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spiffums] [#4]
I remember the ole "Coon lights" with the lead sealed rechargeable batteries. When the gel sealed batteries came out the TN/AL/GA caving groups used those and called them TAG lights. It's kind of amazing how advanced and lighter lights have gotten.

I don't know if it would worth a flip but I keep this bookmarked just because I like how it looks. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CHT5C4Z?tag=arfcom00-20;linkCode=df0&hvadid=312148082093&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1796954878164011526&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=21143&hvtargid=pla-568199731150&psc=1

Amazon link thingy didn't wanna work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top