Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2020 1:45:28 AM EDT
Hi, can someone recommend a long whip antenna that fits the FT-60R? I tried the Nagoya NA-771, however it leaves a gap between the bottom of the antenna and the radio body. The stock antenna has an extra length outer 'sleeve'. I'd like an antenna that has the same 'sleeve'. The Nagoya came with a little washer but the gap is like 3+ washers thick, and I change antennas to plug into my car's antenna frequently and don't want to worry about losing washers.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 2:20:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one of these on all my HT's. Not having the FT-60 though, not sure if it will fit the bill for what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Signal stuff makes a decent ht antenna that can be coiled up when not in use.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 12:08:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Here’s what mine looks like. I used to freak about the fit bit don’t care anymore. Had it out on some shitty weather hikes in the Cascades with no issues.

Link Posted: 2/17/2020 12:27:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Put a tiger tail on it and call it good.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Signal stuff makes a decent ht antenna that can be coiled up when not in use.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 1:01:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Put an O ring or two under it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top