Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2020 1:59:32 AM EDT
Got my chores done and the wife gave me a pass to go hunting. Really want to get a few nights in before the heat sets in.

Got set up in a field that has produced hogs and coyotes...

Right before dark a group of four came out, I got three of them, all boars...

Later on. after dark a lone boar came out of the woods... big mistake...

It took a while but I finally managed to call in this older male yote. He clung to the wood-line and at about 150 yards I had to bark at him four or five times to get him to stop...

Skeeters were light... fog set in at midnight, it was quite nice actually. Will be headed back out tonight as the weather should be the same if not a tad cooler.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 2:54:22 AM EDT
[#1]
right on man, looks like a good time.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 5:55:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Florida has always had hogs but it seems like the past few years their population has exploded!
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 6:08:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow, looksk like a great night for sure.  Can you tell me about your scope/nightvision optic?  What is the max range?
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 6:15:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Pics of wife?
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 6:16:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice work
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 8:57:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow, looksk like a great night for sure.  Can you tell me about your scope/nightvision optic?  What is the max range?
View Quote

It's a Trijicon Hunter Mk III 35mm.

I was using a Pulsar Trail XP50 but it would shift zero w/o warning, a common problem with the brand, so I made the change.

The longest shot I've taken successfully was about 350 yards. I usually limit my shots to 200 yards and in.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 10:18:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I like pics of dead hogs. Good luck tonight.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like pics of dead hogs. Good luck tonight.
View Quote

Yes I must concur
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top