User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2020 9:26:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 9:57:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm 6'1"
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 9:58:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, that an undertaking, the dovetailed tables/bed are pure genius.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 1:17:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I love it!

I've always thought it would be really awesome to take a really small regional airliner from a boneyard and convert to a camper (bonus points if it runs on the original landing gear). It's more sturdy than 99% of campers on the road, good aerodynamics, well sealed, and would really get some awesome conversations going at camp sites.

Cargo hold will be storage, fresh/gray/black water systems & furnace etc. Windows are already there with pull down shades, insulation already there. It would take some sheet metal know-how & work to patch where wings & tail were, then make custom beds, cabinets etc. Keep the first class seats for passengers, mount up a hitch where nose gear was and off you go!

But that would have to be a project of passion bc boneyard aircraft are still very expensive unless you have connections to get one at scrap price right before it goes to the shredder.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 8:19:24 AM EDT
[#4]
That's cool but it has to be seriously small inside
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool, but with the picture of two adult men standing outside of it, no I'll pass.

My son is 6'8" and 275.  Would be pretty useless to me..

Doc
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 10:56:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Needs moar GE9X

That's pretty cool though, I like seeing repurposed aviation stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top