Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2020 1:02:50 PM EDT
So I just picked up one of each (it’s the same blind just different branding on the box/headrest)

Set up is easy, real easy.
Very comfortable

I’m 6ft 240lb and it’s a little snug on gut to door space if it’s laying flat. But with the doors peaked up a little it gives some breathing room and allows some nice air flow.
I’m not 100% impressed with the stitching for the stubble straps. They didn’t use any backing whatsoever and I feel like that’s where any issues will show up. So I took some clear E600/shoe-goo and did some dabs on the back (inside) on every area that’s stitched up to lock all the thread in place.

I feel as though if someone had a smaller female retriever she could almost hide in one of the wings on the side of the blind and bust out once told too.

Once we start staying warm and get the spring rain and mud to set in I’ll mud the blind up and start tying in some jute as a base to break up the all tan fabric. Then obviously use natural vegetation during season
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 5:36:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By JustinRyan:
So I just picked up one of each (it’s the same blind just different branding on the box/headrest)

Set up is easy, real easy.
Very comfortable

I’m 6ft 240lb and it’s a little snug on gut to door space if it’s laying flat. But with the doors peaked up a little it gives some breathing room and allows some nice air flow.
I’m not 100% impressed with the stitching for the stubble straps. They didn’t use any backing whatsoever and I feel like that’s where any issues will show up. So I took some clear E600/shoe-goo and did some dabs on the back (inside) on every area that’s stitched up to lock all the thread in place.

I feel as though if someone had a smaller female retriever she could almost hide in one of the wings on the side of the blind and bust out once told too.

Once we start staying warm and get the spring rain and mud to set in I’ll mud the blind up and start tying in some jute as a base to break up the all tan fabric. Then obviously use natural vegetation during season
View Quote

@JustinRyan
I just ordered 2 similar items for turkey hunting, plus 2 chairs.  From the same company that you did.  I’ll be interested in seeing the quality of construction.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 9:51:09 AM EDT
[#2]
been thinking about trying out the zero gravity blind.  Was hoping to get one on sale in time for spring snows, but that didn't happen.
We don't use layout blinds much anymore though after going to A-frames for darks/ducks, and whites/backboards for snows.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:10:15 PM EDT
[#3]
@1245xx

My only gripe is the lack of backing for the stubble straps. They just sewed it right into the cover with nothing at all to prevent stitches from blowing out
So hopefully the shoe goo helps the longevity of it
But for 159 I can’t complain.

I’ll be ordering a snow cover for it come mid season as well
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top