Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/31/2021 6:25:37 PM EDT
(Being careful with my choices of words) I had a QSO with VE7KFM on 14.313 a couple of months ago. In my personal opinion, he seemed odd. He seemed a little off. He claimed that this was the only frequency he ever operated on and that it would take too long to explain why, yadda yadda.

Now, I don't mind "eccentric" or "odd" but for some reason now forgotten I decided to search on his name and I happened across a page that claimed some rather unflattering things about him. I cannot vouch for the veracity of those claims, but the page appeared to link to some rather official pages that appeared to support some of what was claimed.

Since then, I have decided to avoid this person. I wanted you guys to be aware of this, so that you can form your own opinions.

Here is the page in question, and the link is deliberately left cold, so please leave it cold.

http://www.ve7kfm.com/
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#1]
What in tarnation did I just read?!
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:45:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:48:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What in tarnation did I just read?!
View Quote

Unbeknownst to many on this site, and not just new joins, there is more to ARFCOM than GD.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, he's rather infamous.  One of the reasons 14.313 should best be avoided like 7.200.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:58:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, Karol is pretty notorious for being a whackjob.  14.313 is a joke that sane operators avoid.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 11:14:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
 14.313 is a joke that sane operators avoid.
View Quote

I go STRAIGHT to it. It's the International Tuning Channel. It's also good for CW practice and any other thing like that.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 11:23:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Karol is an insane troll.  He does his best to lure other operators into engaging his in his crazy ramblings.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 11:27:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I have both 7.200 and 14.313 in memories, and listen to the chaos on occasion. I've never been tempted to join in though, in any way, shape or form.

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 11:40:32 PM EDT
[#9]
So I checked out the site linked in the OP. That page is almost as weird as the stuff it claims about Karol.

That's a LOT of information, typed in a very unprofessional way, about someone who sounds pretty messed up.

My question is, "who runs that website?" That's some near stalker-level obsession in action to build a page like that.  I'm wondering if whoever it is, is any saner than Karol himself.

Either way, I think I will steer clear of the guy.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 12:24:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Meh, that’s why it’s amateur radio, not professional radio. Just turn the VFO.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 12:31:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 9:07:06 AM EDT
[#12]
it’s best to roll on and ignore these shitbirds

Link Posted: 1/1/2022 9:33:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I go STRAIGHT to it. It's the International Tuning Channel. It's also good for CW practice and any other thing like that.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/1/2022 9:55:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
 14.313 is a joke that sane operators avoid.

I like the cut of your jib young man.   Your stern sheets are a little loose though.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Wow

I knew of the batshit crazy insane people on the amateur radio airwaves, but since I try to avoid that shit like the plague I had no idea that there was such a lengthy, detailed and vitriolic effort at dox'ing these people. It reaches a level of opposite crazy.

Bad People do exist on the airwaves. Many of these people truly are psychopaths. I was stalked by one of them a few years ago. It was a scary and disconcerting experience. And it made me angry, very angry. He would find my signal whenever I was on the air and start in with a whole bunch of weird shit that he got from dox'ing me on the internet. This went on for two weeks solid. I was advised by a number of my on-the-air ham friends about this guy, who was a known quantity and had been doing this shit to people for many years. I received many emails and messages of support, and that was pretty heartwarming, but also indicative of how no one was going to come to my rescue on the air lest this idiot turn his attentions to them. My own investigations showed that he had been fined and suspended by the FCC several times. I made a formal complaint to the FCC and haven't heard this guy on the airwaves since. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Link Posted: 1/1/2022 5:09:30 PM EDT
[#16]
I've come across quite a few "female" hams on the air who were (or still are) men. More than I can count on one hand, and I've only been on HF 8 months today. Enough that I now assume any female on the air is a man until proven otherwise.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've come across quite a few "female" hams on the air who were (or still are) men. More than I can count on one hand, and I've only been on HF 8 months today. Enough that I now assume any female on the air is a man until proven otherwise.
View Quote

This is all on FT8, right?
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 5:58:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/1/2022 6:19:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Karol is a raving lunatic.
Donnie is a mental midget and pedophile.

Come to think of it they are both raving lunatics, mental midgets, and pedos.

Anyone that regularly operates on 14.313 has a screw loose, at best.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All phone...so far. LOL!
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 8:45:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
There's definitely some questionable profile photos on QRZ.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 8:53:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anyone that regularly operates on 14.313 has a screw loose, at best.
View Quote

I heard that a Japanese corporal still holding out in New Guinea operates on it occasionally on CW.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 9:56:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I heard that a Japanese corporal still holding out in New Guinea operates on it occasionally on CW.
View Quote

I still remember the taking back 14.313 net....that was a hoot.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 11:35:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 1:25:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I still remember the taking back 14.313 net....that was a hoot.
View Quote

That was hilarious. IIRC there were only about 5 or 6 of us and we played the Old Indian trick of calling net control again but by changing our voices so it sounded like a big net.

Then we put it on the clusters and then things REALLY took offand our handful of little barefoot stations got beefed up big time by some of the Big Guns running some real power so we faded back and disappeared and wached what we had created.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 8:14:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Please don't ever change.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Damn.    And I got my license to get on the air to meet chicks.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 3:24:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Damn.    And I got my license to get on the air to meet chicks.
View Quote

It would be wrong to say your search results would be fruitless.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It would be wrong to say your search results would be fruitless.
View Quote
That's only what I tell my wife.  She smirks and says "Good Luck".
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 10:40:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have both 7.200 and 14.313 in memories, and listen to the chaos on occasion. I've never been tempted to join in though, in any way, shape or form.

View Quote

Put 3927 and a few other 75M frequencies in. The radio trolls have bled over elsewhere.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 1:14:46 PM EDT
[#31]
This guy is on right now.  Who can be the first to add him to their log?  
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This guy is on right now.  Who can be the first to add him to their log?  
View Quote

I try to avoid people who have been charged with sex crimes against children.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I didn't know that about him.  There are a couple of web pages with what seem like crazy person rants about him, but I haven't seen anything to substantiate the claims.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 10:53:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Which one of them did that?
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 11:15:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Karol and his arch nemesis (forgot his name) accuse each other of the same stuff. At least one of them is projecting.

Karol is clearly a nutjob, but the website dedicated to smearing him appears to be written by an unhinged person as well.

It's free entertainment, but I personally steer clear of 14.313 - I'd hate to tangle with "The last man standing."
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 7:33:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Here's a news report on his arraignment. Sounds real to me. YMMV: http://www.ve7kfm.com/Madera_Arraignment.mp3
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 8:41:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Here's a news report on his arraignment. Sounds real to me. YMMV: http://www.ve7kfm.com/Madera_Arraignment.mp3
View Quote
News Story

Not the same guy. Not saying the Karol guy didn't do what he's accused of, but the news clip is from this guy. Maximo Madera.

Link Posted: 1/9/2022 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#38]
I thought everyone knew Karol and 14.313. LOL.

I had several QSOs with him and he sounded perfectly normal. Things can change. Most likely he gets of his meds and sh*t flies off the hook. I heard him talking and arguing with himself. That followed by an announcement that he had to leave because he was having a date with an girl who was an Olympic champion and a model.
The guy has mental problems. He is probably very lonely. Don't try to argue with him. Spin the dial.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#39]
This sort of shit should be covered on the general class exam in order to protect new, innocent, unsuspecting general class hams.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 12:41:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This sort of shit should be covered on the general class exam in order to protect new, innocent, unsuspecting general class hams.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/9/2022 12:51:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably should. I've heard a few unsuspecting folks get hooked and I don't even listen all that much.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 2:51:36 PM EDT
[#42]
The sh*t show is on right now. Karol is performing live. He is joining Taliban. Its hillarious.
Listening on my mobile.
He just had pizza with Hillary Clinton.
Now he is offering $20,000 reward for something.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 9:38:12 AM EDT
[#43]
I think I heard him talking about his alien abduction one day.  The guy he was talking with was baiting him to say more.....
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:11:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Damn. I want to hear this guy. Can't quite figure out how to tune that freq in my Yaesu FT3DR. Closest I can get is 14.310.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:25:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Damn. I want to hear this guy. Can't quite figure out how to tune that freq in my Yaesu FT3DR. Closest I can get is 14.310.
View Quote
You are joking, right?
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:52:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:08:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:48:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Karol is useful as a propagation beacon to the PNW.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2022 12:11:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You are joking, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You are joking, right?

Nope. Totally serious. I'm a moron when it comes to this stuff. I'm still a brand new ham so I've got a lot to learn. Finally realized you guys are talking Mhz and I'm still way up in KHz range. So then I discovered the SW frequencies programmed in this thing. They seem to be in the correct range but I can't change them. Oh well.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 12:27:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Nope. Totally serious. I'm a moron when it comes to this stuff. I'm still a brand new ham so I've got a lot to learn. Finally realized you guys are talking Mhz and I'm still way up in KHz range. So then I discovered the SW frequencies programmed in this thing. They seem to be in the correct range but I can't change them. Oh well.
View Quote

@Vne

14.313Mhz = 14313Khz.  

HF voice is typically single sideband

LSB for 160, 80, and 40 meters

USB for 20-6meters

I doubt your HT can receive SSB signals, probably just AM and FM modes

you need an HF rig or shortwave radio that has SSB capabilities

Lots of cool and interesting stuff to listen to on HF, 14.313 is not one of them

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top