Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2022 1:08:01 PM EDT
Fits in a regular size shirt pocket with room to spare.
4-3/8 X 3-1/8 X 1-1/8
Contents:
1- MYLAR BLANKET
1- ONE LITER WATER BLADDER
4- ONE LITER WATER PURIFIER TABLETS
1-MAGNESIUM BLOCK WITH FERRO ROD & STRIKER
1-PENCIL SHARPENER
1-EXPANDABLE BELLOWS
2-EXPANDABLE TOWELS
1-RAZOR
1-MAGNIFYING GLASS
2-MINI BIC LIGHTERS
3-WATERPROOF MATCHES & STRIKER
5-TINDER QUICK PIECES
1-DECK OF KNOT TYING CARDS
1- PIECE CORDAGE WITH INTERNAL JUTE
2-RANGER BANDS
1- PIECE VINYL TAPE
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 1:32:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Very efficient, I like it.

Quoted:
1-DECK OF KNOT TYING CARDS
View Quote

Yeah, I know many will say knowledge replace gear, but unless you tie knots for a living or use them several time a week, I just can't retain the knowledge. I have about a half-dozen knots I do use when outdoors and this little card deck has most of them. Maybe it's a crutch, but I've spent a good amount of time with this deck of cards figuring out how best to apply the knots and practicing them.  Sadly, I've been worn out, tired, wet/cold and just couldn't focus on my rain fly suspension system quick-release knot and had to pull out the card deck which helped as a refresher for my lacking cognitive abilities. You'll get no criticism from me!

ROCK6
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:38:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Exactly why a deck is in every type of kit I carry.
Plus, if I have my wife or others with me it helps her refresh her memory.
I always get questions about the pencil sharpener, too. When I show them how it makes small stakes and sharp pokey sticks for trapping, fishing, building stuff, then use all the shavings for tinder, I always get oohs and aahs. LOL
I love these tins. I have a slightly larger one with just a few more items for a light jacket, or larger pocket like on BDU type shirt.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 6:23:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Source for the tins?  ??
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 9:14:10 AM EDT
[#4]
https://www.bestglide.com/collections/bags
Is the brand. They have a lot of quality pieces to use, such as the wire saws that are made in USA and are not junk. They have pre made kits, but I make my own according to my uses.
I used Amazon though, because of free shipping and Bestglide only uses for paypal.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 8:40:57 PM EDT
[#5]
What about that "water bladder?"

Edit: never mind, best glide too.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 11:46:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What about that "water bladder?"

Edit: never mind, best glide too.
View Quote

https://www.potableaqua.com/products/pa-chlorine-dioxide-purification-tablets-2/
These are the purification tabs. 1 tab per 1 quart/liter.
Pro: Effective against bacteria, viruses and cysts, such as cryptosporidium. 5 year shelf life
Con: 4 hour wait time to work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top