Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2019 1:10:09 AM EDT
For about the last 10 years, I was fortunate enough to have free use of one of my hunting buddy's wife's Honda Rancher.
Well, he lost it this spring when they divorced... so rather than be the odd man out, and only one walking the mile from the cabin to my blind, I just bought a 2018 Recon.
Add to it I tore up my left knee this summer, rehab/PT is going ok, but hauling gear in/deer out on foot ain't happening this fall/winter.

I had put a set of Kolpins on the Rancher... "she-devil" kept 'em. Other than replacing the bands every few years, I had no complaints with them.

Looking around for another set, figured I ask if there's another brand or specific model I should be checking out.
Any recommendations from other recent model Recon owners would be helpful. Looks like the new models have a much more curved front rack, also seems a lot tighter to the plastics as you get near the handle bars...
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 9:02:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Koplin Ratcheting Rino Grips on my ATVs.  They work great and hold the guns secure.  Very soft rubber so no rub marks on any of my wood stocks.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 11:39:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the Koplin Ratcheting Rino Grips on my ATVs.  They work great and hold the guns secure.  Very soft rubber so no rub marks on any of my wood stocks.
View Quote
Thanks for the response.

As luck would have it, I was surfing amazon to look at the ratcheting Rhino's after dinner this evening, and my brother showed up bearing a gift of a set of Rhino Grip (XL) for me.
Said he had somehow forgotten he had ordered them over the winter when he was preparing to buy another ATV, and then grabbed a set at the dealer in the spring when bought the quad.  Found them buried in his workshop this afternoon and figured they needed a new home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top