Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2023 4:03:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Burncycle]
Looking to get an AED for the parents in their 60s and 70s, but the prices are all over the place and half the sites look scam-ish. Has anyone purchased one and where did you get it from?
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:18:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: swampfoxoutdoors] [#1]
https://www.aedsuperstore.com/philips-heartstart-frx.html

We have these on our the engines.

They are sourced thru our EMS which has a public safety account with some large medical supplier vendor. Dont think we gave near that much for ours.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 8:14:04 PM EDT
[#2]
We have bought and fielded hundreds of Cardiac Science and Phillips AEDs  They are a pricy item…Any reputable medical supply place should have what you are looking for. I’ve used Live Action Safety for multiple orders for personal med equipment with no issues and they have a 5% off coupon which isn’t chump change when buying an AED.

There is a market for refub units and they seem to be around about 50-70% the cost of new. Your call on that. Batteries are proprietary and pads expire although it’s common practice to flip expired pads into  super compact non vented chest seals, expired stuff still works.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:58:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Came here to recommend AED Superstore, already posted above. A very reliable source also said that the refurbished ones are GTG.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 6:19:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By deputygadget:
We have bought and fielded hundreds of Cardiac Science and Phillips AEDs  They are a pricy item…Any reputable medical supply place should have what you are looking for. I’ve used Live Action Safety for multiple orders for personal med equipment with no issues and they have a 5% off coupon which isn’t chump change when buying an AED.

There is a market for refub units and they seem to be around about 50-70% the cost of new. Your call on that. Batteries are proprietary and pads expire although it’s common practice to flip expired pads into  super compact non vented chest seals, expired stuff still works.
View Quote

Expired pads work well for removing chest hair too. Don’t throw away expired pads.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 12:36:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By lovetohunt:

Expired pads work well for removing chest hair too. Don’t throw away expired pads.
View Quote

Another recommendation for AED Superstore. We bought 4 AED’s to give as Christmas presents after my Dad had heart valve replacement surgery.
Now the whole family is equipped regardless of where my Dad is staying or visiting.

Pricey gear, but imagine how you’d feel standing over a loved one and didn’t have anything to use to assist during the long wait for an ambulance to arrive.
I’d definitely consider buying refurbished, provided the battery is new and it’s been thoroughly tested.

Link Posted: 9/5/2023 10:45:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a heartsine, it's super compact, especially out of the carrying case.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I would find out what pads are going to work with the local EMS departments monitor.  One of the last codes I went to I walked in as they placed the pads, my partner started compressions while I removed and replaced pads would have been better to just unplug from their AED and into our monitor.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 8:36:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NotIssued] [#8]
Originally Posted By Alaskagrown:
I would find out what pads are going to work with the local EMS departments monitor.  One of the last codes I went to I walked in as they placed the pads, my partner started compressions while I removed and replaced pads would have been better to just unplug from their AED and into our monitor.
View Quote

Thats a good point.

Also keep a second pair.   I've seen pads .... um .... melt/pop/singe on a prolonged code before.  Granny doesn't need burns complicating life.

Your parents know and can do CPR, right?  If not, an AED is nearly useless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top