Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2020 10:12:38 PM EDT
These meals were purchased in 2006, and expired July 4th, 2016.  Stored in a camping trailer so the weather swings had no effect on them.  
Trailer with the meals spent some time in Albany County and a few years on Long Island.
I ate it and it tasted like I recall them tasting when they were new.  I had a about ten cases (12 Main Courses each case) of these and gave some away.

Bill

Link Posted: 5/17/2020 10:32:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Was cleaning my garage a few weekends ago and found a penne sausage MRE entree.  It was lunch time and I decided to eat it, the flame less ration heater was dead so I heated it in my jet boil.

Afterwards I looked up the date and it was 8 years old and god knows how poorly it was stored in my garage .
Woke up a puked around midnight, overall it was worth it. Tasted great the first time.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Meh, I've eaten canned goods ten years past expired date. That would have made them at least twelve years old. Only color and texture may change.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:56:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Eating right now.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 7:25:41 PM EDT
[#4]
No word back. I don't think he made it,
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No word back. I don't think he made it,
View Quote
Interesting first post
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 1:13:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been curious about Heater Meals w/expired dates, as we have some a few yrs old.

I know they are different  than MREs, canned, or freeze-dried as far as long-term storage stability,
as they are prepared differently.  IIRC, they are already "cooked", and you are just reheating them.

In to see if OP returns
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 2:03:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I've ratfucked dozens of cases of expired MREs stored in conex containers sitting in the afghan sun. They definatley weren't stored well at all.

I had chili mac MRE's for days when I had to FOB-hop space-A. Don't need no crappy outpost's DFAC or gross ass temporary/transient tent full of TCNs that smell like onions and look like they've lived in the corner bunk for 3 years.  I'll sleep right there in the terminal/tarmac, eat my chili mac (or mcrib) entree and catch the first seat available.

Protip:  when you finally get on a commercial plane, don't fire up a flameless ration heater in your coach seat to warm up your spaghetti with meatballs. They get PISSED.  They're convinced you were building some kind of bomb ... showing them the MRE packaging is not valid proof either and showing them your reheated spaghetti and delicious mocha cappuccino drink just convinces them you're eating the evidence to try and get rid of it.  Bitch, don't even try to confiscate my lemon poppyseed pound cakes or I'm about to earn my spot on the no fly list... you never touch someone else's pound cake. That's like challenging someone to a fight to the death.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top