Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2022 10:45:41 PM EDT
The status LED that turns red when transmitting and green when receiving, sometimes also turns blue when receiving.

Does anyone know what the blue vs green color when receiving is supposed to indicate?

I don't think it has anything to do with CTCSS or repeater shift, or the band it is receiving.  Also doesn't seem to matter if it's on a programmed channel or the VFO.

I downloaded both the operations manual and the advanced manual and searched the .pdfs for the word "blue" and got no results.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 4:51:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I forget which is which but one color is for analog and the other Fusion.

EDIT: For some reason I read that as FT-70.  Reading comprehension is for losers.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 5:24:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I was thinking the same way, my Anytone does Red for tx green for analog rx and blue for dmr rx.

I'll keep digging through info, maybe I'll find the answer.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#3]
On the FT2D it shows which receiver is breaking squelch (Green for #1 (top) and Blue for #2 (bottom).)

I checked every FT65 manual and it only mentions red/green for the LED, never blue, so it's apparently not officially documented.

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 11:18:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
On the FT2D it shows which receiver is breaking squelch (Green for #1 (top) and Blue for #2 (bottom).)

I checked every FT65 manual and it only mentions red/green for the LED, never blue, so it's apparently not officially documented.

View Quote

Ah, this might be it!  I will have to watch the radio closely and see if it changes color depending on whether it is VFO A or B.  If so, that would be a handy indicator for when you can't easily see the LCD.

Thanks for the insight.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:33:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Easy test is to punch in the local NOAA weather frequency in each VFO with the other VFO tuned to something inactive,
since it'll force it to break squelch on the specific VFO.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:55:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Easy test is to punch in the local NOAA weather frequency in each VFO with the other VFO tuned to something inactive,
since it'll force it to break squelch on the specific VFO.
View Quote

I'll give that a shot.  I tried it using the monitor button with either A or B selected and it was green for both, but it might just mean that the top display is green no matter whether it's A or B.

ETA This is definitely it.  I was receiving a signal on A and hit the V/M button to switch A from the top to the bottom of the display, and the color of the LED changed from green to blue while it was receiving.

Thanks again.  Mystery solved!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top