Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2021 7:12:23 PM EDT
I just placed a few orders for bulk food products.  These are standard wholesale size orders we place weekly or monthly.  In the last three weeks from our suppliers:

35 lb jugs of frying oil went from $23.98 to $36.42

100 lbs of white sugar increased $ 8.00

Mayo went from $ 7.42 to $ 9.32 per gallon.

Bacon increased $ 7.00 per 20 lb box

Ground beef went down 10 cents a pound.

Boneless / skinless chicken breast has increased 50 cents a pound over the last 6 weeks.

Very few products are decreasing.  Even prices that often vary based on demand are not rising and falling as I am accustomed to seeing.

Feel to draw your own conclusions, and though it seems that the cost of food is increasing it is still one of the more affordable and cost effective investments at this time.

It is also inconvenient to do without.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a lot of mayo.  I need to ask my dad what the VFW has been paying for things.  He's good at keeping track of prices and whatnot.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:48:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I noticed chicken thighs usually .92 cents a lb have jumped to $1.92 lb.
Ribeyes steaks at walmart went up from $8.91 to $10.97
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 10:14:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Everything has been going up and up in price.
#25 flour is now $40
5 dozen eggs is $18 or so.
Loaf of bread is $3.50 to $4.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Just be thankful there is no inflation; the government says so.  Wait until there is inflation and things will get really expensive.  

Just keep telling yourself that that little tub of ice cream you are still buying is an actual half gallon and the price doesn't seem so bad....
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:57:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Americans are pretty fat so some price increases and portion size decreases might be a good thing
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:19:04 PM EDT
[#6]
At this rate my small farm products will be competitively priced in no time

But
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:23:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I noticed several brand changes.  Biggest one that comes to mind is Walmart no longer had Top Ramen, its Great Panda or some shit.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Given the increased price in fuel, plus the shortage of labor, would expect some increases.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:51:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I work in retail (hardware)...we have been repricing our stores over the last (2) weeks...most items up 10-40%. Get ready to feel a bite in your wallet.

And from what you guys are saying food prices are following as well.... not good.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top