Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/1/2020 11:34:29 AM EDT
So, I've got most everything I need to get my base-station set up, but I'm having a hard time finding a couple things (my power supply is backordered, of course!).

For the life of me, I can't find an antenna cable-connector/outlet to go through the wall of my office/radio shack. I'm sure one is made - like I attach my cable TV to, but for HAM antenna cable . . .

Also, I have a 10' piece of aluminum pipe I'd like to use to get my 2m antenna a little higher (either a ARX-2B OR ARX-220B, from Cushcraft - not sure which).

Anyway, I think I need insulated brackets to connect the two, but I can't find anything like that either. (I'm mounting it to my chimney and using guy-lines tied to cinder blocks to hold it/protect it from wind. I have a flat rubber roof, so that should work pretty well, I'm thinking.)

I'd sure appreciate some help/guidance. Feeling pretty lame/inadequate here . . !

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 11:47:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So, I've got most everything I need to get my base-station set up, but I'm having a hard time finding a couple things (my power supply is backordered, of course!).

For the life of me, I can't find an antenna cable-connector/outlet to go through the wall of my office/radio shack. I'm sure one is made - like I attach my cable TV to, but for HAM antenna cable . . .

Also, I have a 10' piece of aluminum pipe I'd like to use to get my 2m antenna a little higher (either a ARX-2B OR ARX-220B, from Cushcraft - not sure which).

Anyway, I think I need insulated brackets to connect the two, but I can't find anything like that either. (I'm mounting it to my chimney and using guy-lines tied to cinder blocks to hold it/protect it from wind. I have a flat rubber roof, so that should work pretty well, I'm thinking.)

I'd sure appreciate some help/guidance. Feeling pretty lame/inadequate here . . !

Thanks!
View Quote

Welcome in!

There are  countless ways to bring cable inside.  How exactly are you looking to make that happen? Drilling a hole? Window sash?

Those antennas you listed are a Single Band 2m antenna and the other is a 220MHz only antenna. What bands are you interested in? What radio do you have to connect to the antenna?

Most Vertical Antennas have an insulated section at the bottom to mount to your mast-not usually a problem!---you may not need to guy?!

Link Posted: 11/1/2020 11:48:12 AM EDT
[#2]
You're talking about a finished plate that har as so-239 connector on it like one for tv would have a f fitting on it?

Get a bulkhead so-239 and a blank panel.  Drill, baby, drill.

There are also some pre-made panels what can go under a window.  DX Enginerring or MFJ are likely sources.

Link Posted: 11/1/2020 11:50:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Search for "SO239 wall plates" for some options

I think you are asking about though wall plates. here are a few options:

BARREL CONNECTOR 10-INCH UHF SO-239 KIT WEATHERPROOF BUILDING FEED-THROUGH

Or you can DIY it with some cable and a standard box/plate
UHF Female to Female Coupler
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 1:01:53 PM EDT
[#4]
i just drill holes in the house and run the cable outside, but I have also taken a dremel to an AK and an AR and a Glock wannabe so I tend to bubba the shit out of stuff

YMMV

Link Posted: 11/1/2020 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Search for "SO239 wall plates" for some options

I think you are asking about though wall plates. here are a few options:

BARREL CONNECTOR 10-INCH UHF SO-239 KIT WEATHERPROOF BUILDING FEED-THROUGH

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/JO0AAOSw709eoexc/s-l640.jpg

Or you can DIY it with some cable and a standard box/plate
UHF Female to Female Coupler
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcS3Dmv6aOMBxLOk5ywb3S3XA33ofSUMWy4L6g&usqp=CAU
View Quote

That's exactly what I'm looking for (although, 10" is probably a bit too long), but your link doesn't work.

I did a search, but for a kit like that only an ebay seller comes up.

Any retailers sell a kit like that? (I can't find one!)

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 12:58:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Maybe something like this:
https://www.dxengineering.com/search/product-line/mfj-universal-window-feedthrough-panels?autoview=SKU&sortby=Default&sortorder=Default

Personally, I would just make one, or just drill and silicone.

Located in NEPA if I can help...

Link Posted: 11/2/2020 1:40:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I also would just drill a hole, run the coax through, and seal with silicone, foam in a can, or whatever I had on hand.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 7:51:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Back in 14 or 15 I did it like this. There are pictures around here somewhere....

How to Run Coax Through A Brick Wall (Ham Radio) #hamradio
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 7:32:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the replies, guys.

My cable already has ends on it, so I'd just like to drill/install a barrel connector and inside (and maybe an outside) cover. I am thinking about selling next year, so I think simple and clean is the way to go.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 9:36:25 PM EDT
[#10]
this is on amazon:

UHF Female 6" Bulkhead SO-239 Coaxial Connector (Double Female Coax Connectors)

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

If you look around, they have different lengths.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 11:45:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Awesome. Thanks!

And a buddy is now telling me I might need a "driver" for my base station. I don't know what he means...

It's a Yaesu FT-2900R.

When my power-supply finally arrives, won't that do the trick?
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 2:32:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes, that is a very nice and powerful rig, it only needs a 12v DC power source to operate.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 2:58:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Awesome. Thanks!

And a buddy is now telling me I might need a "driver" for my base station. I don't know what he means...

It's a Yaesu FT-2900R.

When my power-supply finally arrives, won't that do the trick?
View Quote

Maybe some CB-ism? No idea what he's talking about. Look for more knowledgeable buddies
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 4:44:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Do yu have a casement window? If so, click HERE.
(Several versions are available.)
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 8:17:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yes, that is a very nice and powerful rig, it only needs a 12v DC power source to operate.
View Quote

Yep. No driver needed! (Thank Goodness!)

The ONLY thing (besides the power supply) I'm missing now seems to be a male-male cable to go from the barrel connector (ordered an 8" from Amazon) to the transceiver itself.

I'd like to get one about 10 feet but a google search found nothing.

Anybody know where I can get one?

Mega thanks!

ETA: I found a 6.5' one on Amazon, but the reviews aren't good.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:03:58 PM EDT
[#16]
R & L

MTCRadio

DXE

Universal

HRO

there is a variety of choices
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#17]
You're just looking for a 10' PL259 to PL259 jumper?

Still curious what you mean by a "driver".
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Maybe his buddy is talking about programing cable drivers
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 5:50:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
R & L

MTCRadio

DXE

Universal

HRO

there is a variety of choices
View Quote

Awesome! Thanks!

And I don't know what he was talking about. via "driver". I'll ask next time I see him.

One of you mentioned programming cables, and that IS INDEED one other thing I need. I tried putting a local repeater into my handhelds and it 'bout drove me crazy! LOL
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 5:52:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Do yourself a favor and go ahead and buy the rtsystems software and cable to program your yaesu radio.

There are free options out there.  But none are as slick.

https://www.rtsystemsinc.com/FT-8900_c_110.html
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 2:03:11 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm a fan of drilling a 1" hole at a slightly downward angle putting a piece of PVC through the hole. The downward angle keeps water from running in. You can chalk the PVC and pack with foam/stainless steel wool keep bugs out. Cheap, easy and no extra connectors to add loss in the line, especially with UHF.  
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Do yourself a favor and go ahead and buy the rtsystems software and cable to program your yaesu radio.

There are free options out there.  But none are as slick.

https://www.rtsystemsinc.com/FT-8900_c_110.html
View Quote

Ugh! Of course, my Ft-817, Ft-2900 and VX-7 all take different programming cables AND software!

Thanks, though. I'll likely order later today.

Ha! And I guess the stupid Baofengs need their own too. Grrrr...
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 3:02:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Ugh! Of course, my Ft-817, Ft-2900 and VX-7 all take different programming cables AND software!

Thanks, though. I'll likely order later today.

Ha! And I guess the stupid Baofengs need their own too. Grrrr...
View Quote

I used Chirp to program my Baofeng and ordered a programming cable from Amazon.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 9:10:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Well, I got the antenna up yesterday.

Today, the grounding gets done and the drilling for the pass-through barrel-connection into the shack - then, it'll be time to tune/transmit!

*For some reason, I can't figure out/remember how to post pics, so that'll have to wait.

My buddy (who helped out) says I can't have the ground wire laying on the rubber roof, so I do need to figure out how to keep it suspended. I'm thinking about bolting a piece of PVC to the edge metal/facia and feeding the ground wire down, through it. It's not going to look too pretty (sorry, baby!), but it should work well enough.

Oh! Then, I need to do the guy lines too. I don't remember if I'd said, but (without any other options I can think of), I'm going to use paracord attached to cinder blocks. It won't be fun hauling the blocks up the ladder, but it seems the best way to support the mast.

One last thing (for today!) . . . the antenna is a Cushcraft Ringo Ranger II ARX-220B. We followed the installation instructions to the letter and it looks like I'll only be able to use it between 220-225 MHz. Will a tuner allow me to use a broader range of frequencies?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 9:26:52 AM EDT
[#25]
As I posted above, that antenna is built only for the 220 MHz Ham Band. You may be able to hear on different bands with some success but I'd not use it for transmitting.

1.25m Monoband Vertical "Ringo Ranger II" Antenna

SPECIFICATIONS:
Frequency: 220-225Mhz
Height: 112 inches
Gain: 5.5dBd
Impedance: 50 Ohms
2:1 VSWR Bandwidth: >5 MHz
Power Rating: 500 Watts
Connector: UHF (SO-239)
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 10:26:07 AM EDT
[#26]
I appreciate the quick response brother.

I sure hope that, although a narrow band, that I didn't screw myself over. That antenna came highly recommended by somebody respect a lot.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 10:39:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Are you wanting to talk on 220 MHz?
Do you have a 220 rig?
If not, you're not going to be real happy.
Ringo does make a 2m (144 MHz) antenna and it has a similar product number.
Wish I had better news
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 2:58:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Indeed, if you transmit in 2m or 70cm, at best you'll have a crappy signal, and at worst you'll have high SWR, pushing power back into your radio, potentially damaging it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 8:01:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

...my Ft-817, Ft-2900 and VX-7...
View Quote
Only your VX7 will tx on 220mhz and then only at 300mW.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 8:23:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I appreciate the quick response brother.

I sure hope that, although a narrow band, that I didn't screw myself over. That antenna came highly recommended by somebody respect a lot.
View Quote

It's a 220mhz only antenna. As a just-starting-out amateur it's very unlikely that you'll get much use out of a 220mhz antenna. 220 is a great band but is almost abandoned in large parts of the country other than for some behind-the-scenes things like repeater linking and some digital point-to-point.

A couple parts of the country use 220 more heavily due to restrictions on the 70cm band due to PAVE PAWS radar systems. But you don't really have a 220 radio.

For general amateur FM use in most places I'd suggest either the Tram 1477 or 1480 for a starter dual band vertical.

If you actually need a tri-band antenna (2m/220/440), and/or want super wide coverage for receiving other stuff, 900mhz, or something similar, a discone antenna would be something to consider... unity gain but is a broadband antenna.

You're not going to use an off-frequency antenna with a tuner on VHF/UHF bands.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:51:04 AM EDT
[#31]
I looked closely at the instructions and reconfigured the antenna to the height (in specific sections) for 146.000MHz and it seems to be working fine.

That said, I was surprised yesterday when my GF was at home and I was about 5 miles away. I was on my VX-7 and came through to her loud and clear.

She was buried in static on my end, though. With the FT-2900 pushing 75W I would've assumed the reverse.

I'm sure there's something I'm missing. Comms isn't just a plug-n-play exercise, after all!
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:53:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I looked closely at the instructions and reconfigured the antenna to the height (in specific sections) for 146.000MHz and it seems to be working fine.

That said, I was surprised yesterday when my GF was at home and I was about 5 miles away. I was on my VX-7 and came through to her loud and clear.

She was buried in static on my end, though. With the FT-2900 pushing 75W I would've assumed the reverse.

I'm sure there's something I'm missing. Comms isn't just a plug-n-play exercise, after all!
View Quote

Just to be clear, you have the FT-2900 using the 220 mhz antenna that is reconfigured for 146 mhz?

if so, your reception of it is a clear indication that the 220 mhz antenna is not working on 2m and is not working fine.

an antenna may work fine on receive but kill the finals on transmit because most of the transmit power is reflected back to the finals due to a bad SWR.

If it were me I would  not transmit with the FT-2900 on that antenna again until you can confirm what the SWR is the transmit frequency or you might kill the radio.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 12:39:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't think you can reconfigure the ARX-220B to work on 2 meters to my knowledge.  It sounds like there was some miscommunication with the person who recommended the antenna, what you want is the Cushcraft ARX-2B model for working 2-meters in that product line.  I do see how it could be confusing, however, as Cushcraft has one instruction booklet for both models.

The likely reason your FT-2900 isn't transmitting as well as you'd expect is because you're using an antenna that's way out of tune/resonance for use on 2-meters, and most of the power the radio puts out is radiating back to the radio and cooking the finals, eventually leading to a broken radio.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 6:55:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Comms isn't just a plug-n-play exercise, after all!
View Quote

It can be, it's not when you use the wrong antenna though.

Not sure why this is not communicating that an ARX-220 antenna will not work on 2 meters and could quite possibly damage your radio.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 2:00:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Okay guys. I'm reading you loud and clear.

It's entirely possible the antenna isn't right. I'm looking at the illustration/pictures I can find online and I'm pretty sure it's the 220B. That said, I'm going to call Cushcraft tomorrow to try and determine what it is, once and for all.

If it is, that'll suck because the ONLY other antenna option I have right now is a never-used Buddipole and I don't want that out there in the weather all the time - although, if I'm not mistaken (a very real possibility, granted!), I can use that for everything - even setting it up for my FT-817 to listen to all bands (now checked and confirmed [except for 70c]).

That said, the configurations change to do that - making that not a great "permanent" option anyway. Of course, I can always set it up for monitoring higher bands if things go sideways.

If I were to drop something like $150-$200 on a new antenna, is there one in particular you guys would recommend (for 2m in particular, as I understand the 2900 excels at that - and that's what my ham buddies have)? I sure don't want to screw up my radio - and not transmitting properly kinda makes even having a base-station a moot point.

Thanks again! You guys are awesome and I really appreciate your wisdom, experience and guidance.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 2:32:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Earlier in the thread I posted....

For general amateur FM use in most places I'd suggest either the Tram 1477 or 1480 for a starter dual band vertical.

"Dual band" generally refers to 2 meters plus 440 / 70cm. It could be two other bands, but unless something is specified or there is some other context it's 2m/70cm.

Either of those Tram antennas are reasonably low cost and should work fine. If you'd happen to be somewhere with a lot of ice & wind loading or other extreme climate it might be best to look at some other alternatives.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 2:39:47 AM EDT
[#37]
I run the 1480 Tram on my Barn/Shack....I use the Diamond X50 for my repeater/digipeater.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:44:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Power Supplies, I highly recommend Duracomm equipment.  Built to commercial/public-safety specs, not ham specs.  I've got an LP18 on my desk.
They also have "hoods" you can screw to the power supply itself, then mount the radio in the hood.  Keeps everything together on the desk, neat and clean.

From the antenna on the roof, run the coax straight down to the ground level.  Pound in a ground rod, bolt a polyphaser to it.  Connect coax from antenna to polyphaser.
Inside, get one of those bulkhead connectors and a wallplate.  Mount bulkhead connector to wallplate.  Drill connector-size hole through wall, avoiding any electrical/water/sewer/gas/telecom wiring.  Build a shorty little cable to go from the polyphaser to that bulkhead connector, assemble and secure wallplate+bulkhead inside.  Caulk/paint the cable penetration outside.  ???.  Profit.
Now your shit's grounded and surge-protected outside the house, not inside it.  

Some guys even go so far as to get a little NEMA enclosure or plastic box, mount that to the house, and run grounding/connectors/etc in there.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 10:14:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Okay guys. I'm reading you loud and clear.

It's entirely possible the antenna isn't right. I'm looking at the illustration/pictures I can find online and I'm pretty sure it's the 220B. That said, I'm going to call Cushcraft tomorrow to try and determine what it is, once and for all.

If it is, that'll suck because the ONLY other antenna option I have right now is a never-used Buddipole and I don't want that out there in the weather all the time - although, if I'm not mistaken (a very real possibility, granted!), I can use that for everything - even setting it up for my FT-817 to listen to all bands (now checked and confirmed [except for 70c]).

That said, the configurations change to do that - making that not a great "permanent" option anyway. Of course, I can always set it up for monitoring higher bands if things go sideways.

If I were to drop something like $150-$200 on a new antenna, is there one in particular you guys would recommend (for 2m in particular, as I understand the 2900 excels at that - and that's what my ham buddies have)? I sure don't want to screw up my radio - and not transmitting properly kinda makes even having a base-station a moot point.

Thanks again! You guys are awesome and I really appreciate your wisdom, experience and guidance.
View Quote

make your own SlimJim antenna.

It is very easy, but you would need an antenna analyser ( can get an nanoVNA for $50 ) to check it out, which if you are going to play with antennas you should have anyway.

I recently made one for under $5 dollars. Literally some wire and a piece of 1/2 inch PVC fro the frame. I made a thread here about it. If you already have about 80 inches of any wire and a 58 in piece of scrap PVC it will be free to make. If you want to connect it to an SO-239 then you will have to buy that connector for $5.

https://www.hamuniverse.com/slimjim.html
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:23:56 PM EDT
[#40]
I just got off the phone with Cushcraft and their tech said I can configure it as either a 2B or 220B - so, that's cool! Woo-hoo!

He also suggested I pick up an SWR analyzer as that will confirm whatever the problem is and help me make adjustments. (Better than just an SWR meter, he said.)

Ahhh . . . the money pit which is HAM radio, aye? LOL

At least I shouldn't need a new antenna. Whew!

*Just saw the post above! Thanks!

I'm looking at them now on Amazon. Not sure which to get but I'll figure it out, I hope! LOL
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 5:52:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I just got off the phone with Cushcraft and their tech said I can configure it as either a 2B or 220B - so, that's cool! Woo-hoo!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://mfjenterprises.com/products/arx-220b
That doesn't make sense. The ring at the feedpoint is part of the phasing system and is a different size between the two. The coax that goes between the feedpoint and the bottom radials is a tuned length which is band-specific, although a Ringo can be used without that part.

He also suggested I pick up an SWR analyzer as that will confirm whatever the problem is and help me make adjustments. (Better than just an SWR meter, he said.)

Yes when working on antennas an analyzer is orders of magnitude more useful than a power/swr meter.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 6:40:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

https://mfjenterprises.com/products/arx-220b
That doesn't make sense. The ring at the feedpoint is part of the phasing system and is a different size between the two. The coax that goes between the feedpoint and the bottom radials is a tuned length which is band-specific, although a Ringo can be used without that part.

Yes when working on antennas an analyzer is orders of magnitude more useful than a power/swr meter.
View Quote

Oh for fuck's sake!

And the analyzer just came, but it's got teeny, tiny connectors with no instructions - just a weird flow chart.

Starting to get a little pissed/discouraged here . . .
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Oh for fuck's sake!
And the analyzer just came, but it's got teeny, tiny connectors with no instructions - just a weird flow chart.
Starting to get a little pissed/discouraged here . . .
View Quote

You get a Nano VNA? The teeny connectors are SMA, you'll need adapters up to BNC or SO239.

I have a 2m Ringo sitting in the shed if you want any measurements off of it.

ETA: for reference, my 2m Ringo's ring is 5 inches in diameter, and from the ring to the bottom of the phasing stub is 56 inches.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm super grateful for the help, bro.

I'll look into measuring tomorrow. It's dark here in PA and I just got done installing a new dryer belt in my ancient Whirlpool.

Can you believe they once tried to save a freakin' dime and didn't use idler pulleys?!? It took me forever to figure out the idiotic tensioner and my back is killing me from twisting myself into a pretzel!

Unreal.

Sliced my arm open too. Thankfully, my local grocery store will give me a tetanus shot for $75. I guess that's on the calendar for tomorrow too . . !

Thanks again! Have a super evening!
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 8:28:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Oh! And I have some adapters, but I don't know if I have any to fit these tiny ones.

I need to end with PL-259's I think (or, the female version - whatever that's called)  but, I did see there's a small female plug in the back of my FT-2900. I wonder if that's where I plug in the analyzer(?).

I would think it goes inline with the antenna cable . . . No?

Yes. The NanoVNA is what I got.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 8:37:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Oh! And I have some adapters, but I don't know if I have any to fit these tiny ones.

I need to end with PL-259's I think (or, the female version - whatever that's called)  but, I did see there's a small female plug in the back of my FT-2900. I wonder if that's where I plug in the analyzer(?).

I would think it goes inline with the antenna cable . . . No?

Yes. The NanoVNA is what I got.
View Quote

No, the Nano VNA doesn't go inline with a radio, you won't use your radio at all.  You need to attach coax straight from the top port on the VNA (S11) that goes right to your antenna.  Make sure the antenna is setup somewhere in the clear and several feet off the ground when measuring.

You'll also need to calibrate the VNA, it should have come with a set of calibration standards.  I highly suggest you watch some videos on how to calibrate and use these, they can be a bit advanced for someone new to analyzing RF gear.  There was a recent thread with a few decent videos on them:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/Outdoors/Live-Presentation-Alan-Wolke-W2AEW-An-Intro-to-NanoVNA-11-13-20-0030-UTC/22-698564/
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 8:50:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Look down near bottom of page.... adapters for the VNA
Link
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 11:15:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Attachment Attached File

@SCWolverine Most of the adapters at the linked site are out of stock.

Here are some of the adapters I have. The two in the middle-left are cobbled together and kind of look like the one picture I was able to see on the linked site.

The others...? I don't know. Without pictures, I don't know if I have anything I can use.

@D_Man. Thank you for posting that instructional link. I'm doing my best to take notes and absorb as much as I can!
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 11:17:11 AM EDT
[#49]
I have these two cables, also. I don't know why! I also don't know why one is gold and the other silver...

Are they anything I can adapt and use?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 11:25:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I have these two cables, also. I don't know why! I also don't know why one is gold and the other silver...

Are they anything I can adapt and use?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/111577/20201206_092602_jpg-1717597.JPG
View Quote

I think this kit will get you connected

Amazon
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top