Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2020 11:10:29 AM EDT
I had a feeder hanging from a tree. Bear tore it down, ate about 60-80lbs of corn and left me a couple large corn turds.
Any recommendations on how to keep that bastard away from my feeder?

Edit:
I would hunt the bear but it’s a small one. If I’m going to shoot one, it’s got to be 350lbs+. Also bear season is still a ways out.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 11:31:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the Bear is right !!

Can you try Acorns ? Maybe Bears don’t like them .
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 11:35:38 AM EDT
[#2]
it has to be high enough and far enough away from the tree that they cant climb the tree and reach out to grab it. I also had to go to a cable for mine.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 12:34:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I had a feeder hanging from a tree. Bear tore it down, ate about 60-80lbs of corn and left me a couple large corn turds.
Any recommendations on how to keep that bastard away from my feeder?

Edit:
I would hunt the bear but it's a small one. If I'm going to shoot one, it's got to be 350lbs+. Also bear season is still a ways out.
View Quote

You should set up a few GameCams.

Link Posted: 10/2/2020 7:01:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Acorns are too big for the feeder to disburse. I have dense plastic barrel that I cut the bottom open on for the Moltree feeder to attach. The point it was hanging from is about 12 feet up (as high as I could reach from standing on my ATV) And hanging by a thick chain. It’s only about six feet from the ground. It looked like the bear played piñata with it until it hit the ground. I don’t think I’d get it up high enough to stop the bear. This tree is on about a 75 degree angle. I know they climb anything, but this tree would be especially easy for it.
Yes I do need cameras up. I plan to put one up when I put the feeder up again. I just hadn’t gotten to that yet. The feeder had only been there two weeks. I didn’t think anything would be at it that quick.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 5:16:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Bears are a pain in the ass.

They destroy stuff judt for fun.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 5:55:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Plant a food plot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top