Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2021 6:59:16 PM EDT
https://gab.com/groups/13389https://gab.com/groups/13389

It might not open if you don't have a Gab account. Try it anyway.

If it doesn't open go to groups>technology>Ham radios
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:06:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks. Gab is extremely slow right now. I read an article earlier today that they are struggling to scale up as they are getting tons of new members. I hope they can weather THE STORM.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#2]
It's pokey, but faster than me on CW...I was able to join up.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:47:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I signed up too. Same username.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I signed up, same username
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:45:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just an FYI:
We have a quite active ARFCOM HAM RADIO channel on ZELLO. It's proven to be a very stable platform. Doesn't cost anything. No commercials. It's moderated to keep trolls out. You can post pictures, links etc. It takes very little bandwidth. I've used it in places with very poor phone coverage. It just works.

Zello is a free "walkie-talkie" app for both Android and Apple. Very intuitive and easy to use. No complicated setup procedures. No ham license required.

Most of the time, there are 8-10 members on the channel. Check it out.

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:30:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just an FYI:
We have a quite active ARFCOM HAM RADIO channel on ZELLO. It's proven to be a very stable platform. Doesn't cost anything. No commercials. It's moderated to keep trolls out. You can post pictures, links etc. It takes very little bandwidth. I've used it in places with very poor phone coverage. It just works.

Zello is a free "walkie-talkie" app for both Android and Apple. Very intuitive and easy to use. No complicated setup procedures. No ham license required.

Most of the time, there are 8-10 members on the channel. Check it out.

View Quote

I have arfcom zello but I thought it was just walkie talkie.  No text features.

I could set us up a signal group with link invite if there was any interest.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:43:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the heads up, Pic. I just joined the group.

I have a different user name there, but you'll know who I am when you see my posts.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:46:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

You can text on Zello. Group or private.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:48:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I am sure that once Gab gets up and running and investing loads of capital,  a collaborative effort with tech infrastructure companies will blacklist the IP from root routers in the country.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:12:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks Piccolo, different user name there but I'll drop an identifying number or two.
Rob
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:07:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am sure that once Gab gets up and running and investing loads of capital,  a collaborative effort with tech infrastructure companies will blacklist the IP from root routers in the country.
View Quote

Actually the Big Tech people are getting too big for their britches and it won't be long before they get greedier and bite the hand that feed them.

The Big Shots will declare them to not be useful idiots anymore and they will get slapped down.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:20:01 AM EDT
[#13]
lol...

In the past week I've started monitoring mewe more closely, and set up telegram, signal, discord, and a few others that escape me at the moment. Time to add another one to the list. lol...
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:53:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:27:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Can't get it to work for me.  I go through the sign-up process, and then it just hangs up.  Tried several times, with no joy.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the link...signed up today with a different screen name.  I’m in the amateur radio group, as well as a few others.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#17]
screw big commie tech

I’ll catch you guys on HF

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:14:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I just signed up for the ARFCOM HAM channel on Zello. :-)

Now I have the Droidstar DMR group and Zelle channel blasting. Sounds like my 2 phones are arguing with each other.
View Quote

This Zello? https://www.foxnews.com/us/zello-confirms-walkie-talkie-capitol-riots-ban-militia-channels
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#19]
We have a nice friendly group here, and if this forum goes down, about all that's left in the ham radio world, is QRZ.  And there are way too many self-righteous donkeys on that forum.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:45:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We have a nice friendly group here, and if this forum goes down, about all that's left in the ham radio world, is QRZ.  And there are way too many self-righteous donkeys on that forum.
View Quote

Join Gab's AR group
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:28:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Join Gab's AR group
View Quote

That was the point of my first post.  Every time I try to join, the system freezes up.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:33:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Joined. I have a different username that reflects my new state of residence.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:40:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
screw big commie tech

I’ll catch you guys on HF

View Quote

This is my plan if ARF goes down. I almost never to F2F but I'd imagine I'd find some local hams and do a little of that as well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:23:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for pimping the group!  I thought you were... familiar!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:54:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Im in.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#26]
I finally got in.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:30:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Of course you can text on Zello. This is what we do half the time. You can also attach pictures, links, etc. The app is very stable. It works even in areas with poor cellphone coverage, where internet is slow like molasses.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Joined. Thanks, Pic.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:22:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Gab speeds are much better today.  Come on in!
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:32:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Can someone confirm the name of the Zello ARFCOM Ham Group or send me an invite? The only thing that comes up when I search for groups is "Arfcom" with 6 members besides myself. My username on Zello is the same as here. If you need my email or telephone number please PM me. Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top