Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2021 1:42:25 AM EDT
After dinner tonight I decided to go try the new 6mm ARC build. Was after coyote but this large boar came within range. Shot was about 75 yards. I'm using factory 108gr ELD Match ammo as I don't have brass yet to reload.

The 6mm ARC performed as expected... this dude never knew what hit him. Couldn't stay late so after a few more calls I packed it in. Really looking forward to the first coyote kill with the build.

Link Posted: 3/30/2021 8:25:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 9:15:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Eat_Beef:
I can't tell from the pic, did you shoot him behind/in the shoulder?  How much penetration?  Exit wound?

We need details, man!
View Quote

X2! I have been wanting to play with the 6mmARC but decided I needed a Ten Point crossbow worse. And My wife decided she needed a new Buggy.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 12:03:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Eat_Beef:
I can't tell from the pic, did you shoot him behind/in the shoulder?  How much penetration?  Exit wound?

We need details, man!
View Quote

I hit him just in front of the bi-pod leg maybe a tad higher. I like to hit them high/forward of the shoulder. No exit. I didn't open him up but I wanted to... I wanted to see what the ELD bullet did as far as expanding.

Link Posted: 7/23/2021 11:43:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: smoke14me] [#4]
I am gathering the parts to build two 6mm arc uppers for hog/coyote  hunting. Please keep us informed if you get anything else with it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 5:37:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By smoke14me:
I am gathering the parts to build two 6mm arc uppers for hog/coyote  hunting. Please keep us informed if you get anything else with it.
View Quote

@smoke14me

I will. Usually around May I stop night hunting due to the heat, humidity, and most of all, the skeeters.

I have done some day hog smashing but with limited ammo I didn't want to re-zero the 6mm ARC for day glass only to have to re-zero when cooler weather rolls around so I've not used the rifle since.

Link Posted: 7/29/2021 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Sweet. I’m looking forward to components being more available and experimenting with hunting bullets.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:10:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By chewbacca:
Sweet. I’m looking forward to components being more available and experimenting with hunting bullets.
View Quote

Same here... brass is the hold up for me.

I have plenty of powders, primers, and various 6mm bullets... just no extra brass to test loads with.

Really looking forward to trying the Sierra 90gr TGK as I have 500 of them waiting patiently.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top