Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2020 6:31:57 PM EDT
Have we done this one yet?  This guy’s story is pretty interesting.  I find the lifestyle and solitude something I could do.  Maybe later in life.

Linky
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 7:29:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't interest me in the slightest living like that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Why?
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#3]
There are quite a few on youtube who do that but he's one of the only one who's videos I actually watch.  He seems happy living that way and he does a lot trail work/cleanup so more power to him.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Digital Nomads are quite common today.  Given the amount of work online nowadays, I expect them to be more common.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 7:24:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why?
View Quote

Well, I for one, need my women! I could probably do it for a few weeks or so, though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 7:52:51 PM EDT
[#6]
So you decided to be a bum (walk the earth)
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 8:00:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd love to be a nomad.

Live in different national parks each month.  Eating local foods each time you drive off.  
Hell, the good paying ones can live in different countries every few months.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 8:21:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Me too!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 3:31:18 AM EDT
[#9]

That's is exactly what came to mind when I started reading this thread.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 7:41:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Some might see it that way, but why not live like Jack Reacher?
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 5:54:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a brother that lives a nomadic life style.   He owns a car, a few clothes, and a couple of misc items.  He stays with friends or with different women and just seems to bounce from place to play in an endless cycle.   Half of the time he isn't working but it doesn't bother him.   He has a lot less stress than most people that I know.   Years ago we had to track him down to alert him of a death in the family.   His cell phone was not working at the time.   THAT WAS INTERESTING.   It took me a full day.   I started with where I knew about him staying last, talked to the home owner.  They referred me to another address, they referred me to another and another.   Sometimes the direction was an address.   Some times it was description of a place.   Some times it was in the same town, some times it was in another town.   Half of the time I would pull into a driveway or up to a house and the house would go into lockdown until the realized that I "was OK" and then they would relax and talk to me.   I finally found him about 11PM that night.   My wife was with me most of the adventure and she said it was one of the sketchiest things that she had ever done.   My brother is pushing 50 years old and he has lived that way for thirty years.   Again, he doesn't stress about daily living.   He just goes where ever life takes him.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:28:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I wouldn’t like that
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 5:43:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I wouldn’t like that
View Quote

Nope. I take pride in owning a nice home, nice vehicles, and having my kids in good schools.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 10:21:07 AM EDT
[#14]
It seems great and all until things go wrong.

I'm one that likes having my own 'place'.  Even when I travel I love getting back to my own home. Showering and pooping in my own bathroom. Spreading out on my king size bed. Etc.

Nomad life not for me. When I retire I plan on spending a few years touring national parks/rural areas but I want to be in at least a 250K+ class A motor home while I'm doing it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 7:02:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Well, I for one, need my women! .
View Quote

Me three !
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:50:04 AM EDT
[#16]
My wife said we could do it, as long as there is a Target and a Nordstrom's near by wherever we stay.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top