Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2020 8:08:20 PM EDT
The Go Wild Camo is pretty sweet....the rifle's accuracy is icing on the Cake.

Link Posted: 5/13/2020 7:55:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Think he could have put a bigger scope on it? 25x seems pretty light for deer hunting at close range.

Does he intend to use a segmented bullet for deer as well?

Was it just me or do the american rifles in 350 handle front heavy as can be? I found it off-putting with the weight so far forward, especially on the non-threaded models which shouldn't need most of that material. The ones with the swiss-cheese brake also seem fairly pointless on an already light recoiling gun, intended to be shot without hearing protection, even more so on a bolt action where you're not going to realize a tenth second improvement of the shot-to-shot time.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#2]
415 yards

Is The 350 Legend Accurate At 415 Yards

Link Posted: 5/21/2020 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#3]
That dude is having a lot of fun, and that makes me happy.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 5:18:31 PM EDT
[#4]
First up that is impressive shooting for a straight-wall cartridge.

Now the silly question... You have that nice Cadwell rest but you don't use the control arm to help put your cross-hairs on target?  Why not?
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:54:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That dude is having a lot of fun, and that makes me happy.
View Quote
Thanks Man!
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:55:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
First up that is impressive shooting for a straight-wall cartridge.

Now the silly question... You have that nice Cadwell rest but you don't use the control arm to help put your cross-hairs on target?  Why not?
View Quote

Thanks!

Good question.  Honestly I have never tried it. I should learn though.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 9/9/2020 11:51:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Must resist buying one.....ugh........
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#9]
9mm legend because the boolits are the wrong size
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 11:52:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've been calling it "9mm Maximum".

I have a 357 Max barrel for my Contender. That's the main reason I have  not bothered with a 350 Legend.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 4:49:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have a 357 Max barrel for my Contender. That's the main reason I have  not bothered with a 350 Legend.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I built a .357AR Maximum. Prepped 250 pieces of brass. 3 days later Winchester announced the .350 Legend, JUST different enough for brass to not be compatible.

Great low recoil deer round.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 7:17:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Just bought a Ruger American Ranch in 350L.  I have a Leupold VX Freedom 3x9x40 Firedot for it.  Looking forward to deer season this year.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 9:27:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Think he could have put a bigger scope on it? 25x seems pretty light for deer hunting at close range.

Does he intend to use a segmented bullet for deer as well?

Was it just me or do the american rifles in 350 handle front heavy as can be? I found it off-putting with the weight so far forward, especially on the non-threaded models which shouldn't need most of that material. The ones with the swiss-cheese brake also seem fairly pointless on an already light recoiling gun, intended to be shot without hearing protection, even more so on a bolt action where you're not going to realize a tenth second improvement of the shot-to-shot time.
View Quote

I have the compact and with a 3-9 its balance is perfect
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 9:58:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I have the compact and with a 3-9 its balance is perfect
View Quote

Nice. I bet it's a good shooter too. Ruger didn't just pull the RAR reputation out of their ass.

I built a 12" AR pistol and hung a bushwhacker off it. Put a 2.5-8x leupold on there. Carries and handles well. Took it out the other day when I went to drop corn. Popped a good size squirrel off the ground. The 165 ftx made quite a mess and cleared a basketball size area of leaves off the ground behind it haha.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 5:59:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Buckeye67, first, how did the hunt go? Second, that is an amazing paint job. Did you do that yourself? Do you sell plans ? I just picked up the same rifle and would love to do something like that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top