Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2018 2:33:19 AM EDT
Does anyone know where to get these at a decent price? Most places I've found that did have them are out of stock.

I just got the Polish flare handgun. I have two sub-cal inserts coming. Anything else that any of you recommend for these?
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I got mine at Wideners, but that was years ago.

Very cool for night shoots, they would light up about a 1/4 mile area for a minute.

They were also like 3$ ea, but hazmat was 20$ so I bought 40 of em.

How much are they now?
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 3:23:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Try Dan's ammo.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 9:45:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try Dan's ammo.
View Quote
They don't have them listed. I emailed and asked if they plan to get anymore.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 1:14:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Probably added to the ban list by the ATF.

Didn't the 37 mm flare stuff get blacklisted?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:42:17 PM EDT
[#5]
You are about 10-15 years too late.
All the eastern block surplus flares have been sold, or are now too old to work reliably.

If you really want parachute illumination flares, forget the gun and get the handheld SOLAS flares.

$37.99 at West Marine

You can sometimes find someone selling out of date flares (Over 3 years) from commercial ships for $1-5 each.

IKAROS Red Rocket Parachute Flares

The IKAROS parachute rocket was introduced in 1959 and its design is now used by most manufacturers around the world. IKAROS is the leading parachute rocket on the market with quality and performance that meets the highest demands on functionality and safe operation. It is approved globally and conforms to the latest SOLAS 74/96 regulations.

This day or night long-range distress signal ejects a red flare on a parachute at 350m (1150ft), burning for 40 seconds at 30,000 candela and visible up to 30 miles. The IKAROS parachute rocket is waterproof and can be held under water in the ready-to-fire position. Dates on these flares are 2013-2014.

$19 each at flaregunsales.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top