Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 10:28:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Clean sweep + wm3pen. Couldn’t pull out Gb13col. Not bad for a wire antenna in my attic. Fun event.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 4:41:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone else work all QRP?  I didn't think it was as bad as it could have been.  Especially considering I was working them all from the deck, on battery power, and a portable antenna setup.
View Quote
I was all QRP this year.  Managed to work all 13 plus WM3PEN.  The most difficult for me was CT, as they were not on the air as much early on so every one was jumping on them once they hit the cluster.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 7:01:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I was all QRP this year.  Managed to work all 13 plus WM3PEN.  The most difficult for me was CT, as they were not on the air as much early on so every one was jumping on them once they hit the cluster.
View Quote
Yep, one I struggled with as well.  Finally picked him up on CW from the little QCX.  What kind of antenna system were you using?  I was using a linked dipole up at about 35' on a Spiderbeam mast.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 2:50:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yep, one I struggled with as well.  Finally picked him up on CW from the little QCX.  What kind of antenna system were you using?  I was using a linked dipole up at about 35' on a Spiderbeam mast.
View Quote
I have a 40m OCFD about 15' at the balun, with the long end sloping to about 20' or so,  and the short end zigzagging around a bit.  Certainly did not get much help from that, but it gets some signal out. Better than the alternative of no antenna.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 9:16:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Just saw this thread.  I didnt do it, but our 9 year old went 15 for 15 clean sweep.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just saw this thread.  I didnt do it, but our 9 year old went 15 for 15 clean sweep.
View Quote
<---root beer
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 10:04:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

1st QSL card arrived today.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top