Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2018 10:26:01 PM EDT
http://aprs.mountainlake.k12.mn.us/#

Upper midwest is a go! The DX is fine. Jump on in!
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 7:26:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, we have a local repeater on 146.940 and I was listening to a conversation the other day from who knows where: full quieting. I don't know where they were but it wasn't on our local repeater.

I would suggest keeping your radio on 146.520 and you might be surprised at what you work. Last year I worked a guy in New York ( I am in Ohio).
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 4:51:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like the east coast Tropo is kicking in.
Several times I've been kicked back with a cold one on the porch of my folks cottage in Myrtle Beach and worked up and down the coast from FL to ME with a HT.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, we have a local repeater on 146.940 and I was listening to a conversation the other day from who knows where: full quieting. I don't know where they were but it wasn't on our local repeater.

I would suggest keeping your radio on 146.520 and you might be surprised at what you work. Last year I worked a guy in New York ( I am in Ohio).
View Quote
I was hearing 3+ different .94's yesterday. Wild times. One of them was Des Moines. Different PL than the local 94. That one is about 130 miles from me.
I was on 2ssb for a while last night after calling a state wide net (IRLP). It was pretty good for awhile, then signals started fading in and out like waves. One of the guys on the net worked southwest KS to SE South Dakota on 2 earlier in the day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top