Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2019 12:43:11 PM EDT
Anybody shoot one of these for varmints?  I have been thinking about picking up b mag in this cal for plinking/ squirrel eradication.  I read the have had some accuracy issues but that can be fixed with a new stock.

Any input would great
Thanks
jakjak
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 10:48:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 6:43:38 PM EDT
[#2]
B mag with thin barrel, bought from a buddy who said it was not accurate. 2"-3" @ 100 yds
Upgraded to Boyd's stock, helped a little.
Put on a bipod and started testing different ammo.
Solid 1" groups with Federal 20 grn., hates 25.
Take bipod off,  back to 2" plus, must be barrel harmonics.
Have a Cabelas BDC scope on it that actually works out to 300 yards,  on a calm day.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info, I think if I do order one I will probably be ordering a new stock the same day.

I have a HMR and a 22 mag, was just thinking the WSM for a potential prairie dog hunt in the future
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 11:53:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
B mag with thin barrel, bought from a buddy who said it was not accurate. 2"-3" @ 100 yds
Upgraded to Boyd's stock, helped a little.
Put on a bipod and started testing different ammo.
Solid 1" groups with Federal 20 grn., hates 25.
Take bipod off,  back to 2" plus, must be barrel harmonics.
Have a Cabelas BDC scope on it that actually works out to 300 yards,  on a calm day.
View Quote
I also have the B mag thin barrel. It's in the original stock with a harris bipod and Nikon BDC scope. I took it to SD several years ago and had no issues banging prairie dogs at 300yds with the 20gr. Federal rounds. It's a neat little gun.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 11:13:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I chunked the factory plastic bendy stock on my Bmag(skinny) for a Boyds Thumbhole. What a difference!
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 9:30:41 PM EDT
[#6]
love the round and the rifle double on boyds stock mine likes 25 g its a laser I shake and suck at rifle shooting this thing helps me  kill varmints  all day long
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Savage Bmag with a heavy stainless barrel and the Factory Boyd's laminate thumb-hole stock that I picked up used for $350. It likes the 25gr and is killer for the Montana Prairie dogs out to about 200 yards. Even so, I wish I would have saved a bit more and went for the Ruger 77/17 in this caliber.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 6:26:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Heavy barreled B.MAG with the laminate stock is the one to go with.  The cock-on-close takes some getting used to, but they have been proving to be very accurate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top