Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 12:36:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Got the last 2 last night.  All mobile CW while traveling
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 3:07:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a bunch of fools on FT8 don't how to look at PSKreporter.  Constantly trying to reach GB13COL right now.  Well no one is reaching England right now.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Still need my home state (PA), France and G.B.  I got WM3PEN but only heard K2M once but no luck getting him.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 3:57:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Still need my home state (PA), France and G.B.  I got WM3PEN but only heard K2M once but no luck getting him.
View Quote

@enp

14.225 right now GB13COL
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#6]
TM13COL on 14.320 working through the numbers, on 5 now.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:28:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Looks like a bunch of fools on FT8 don't how to look at PSKreporter.  Constantly trying to reach GB13COL right now.  Well no one is reaching England right now.
View Quote
It's been rough trying to get those European stations. Even on FT8.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:10:31 PM EDT
[#8]
S51DX was almost begging folks for a contact.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 9:44:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:53:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't think I'm gonna get to France before this ends.
Seems they are running a pretty light schedule.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 5:02:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Don't think I'm gonna get to France before this ends.
Seems they are running a pretty light schedule.
View Quote

He was on all evening EST yesterday.  The jackasses spotted him as GB13COL on DxSummit but it was TM13COL on 40m and he was busy.  His French accent was the tell since he rarely ID’d, simply said CQ DX iirc.

I picked up a couple yesterday, none today.

Still need two, I think PA and the British fellow.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 6:09:22 PM EDT
[#12]
They're all out there now.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 8:18:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Still need PA, G.B. and France.  France has been on every evening but I cannot break through the pile ups.  I have only seen PA on voice once and a few times digital but want all voice contacts.

Edit.....Just got France
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 9:11:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Waiting for France to get back to 1s.  There are morons calling him and they don't even know who they're calling, and I don't mean his personal callsign.

And he never came back to 1s and I can no longer hear him.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 9:30:03 PM EDT
[#15]
There is no way I am fighting this pileup.

Meh I have every single other one.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There is no way I am fighting this pileup.

Meh I have every single other one.
View Quote

I just got home to see on DX Summit to see the lids drove off the GB station.  A bunch of dummies I guess.  Lots of spots citing horrible behavior of US hams.

OH Well, I guess not tonight.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:08:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I think I'm done trying for the French and British station.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 10:37:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think I'm done trying for the French and British station.
View Quote

I finally got the French bonus station on 17m CW.  I give up on the Brit.  They never do much CW at all and I think they just don't have hardly any experienced CW operators.

So again this year, as in the previous years, I've got the clean sweep on CW of all stations except the Brit.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#19]
That's it, screw it, I give up. I haven't been able to find either the GB or TM station on CW and thunderboomers are going to boiling up for the rest of the day.

But all 13 colonies and WM3PEN are in the log.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 11:38:10 AM EDT
[#20]
The last 12 hours, the home stretch. Tonight is the night to observe The Mother Of All Pile-ups.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That's it, screw it, I give up. I haven't been able to find either the GB or TM station on CW and thunderboomers are going to boiling up for the rest of the day.

View Quote

I am seeing them on: http://dxsummit.fi/#/?dx_calls=GB13COL,TM13COL

Maybe it isn't what you want?
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 1:56:18 PM EDT
[#22]
I got 6 this year. Stopped listening to pile ups, man it was nuts.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 5:00:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Well after pouncing on TM13COL every time it CQ'd on FT4, I just finally got it, that's 13+3.
I need a nap now.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 6:29:00 PM EDT
[#24]
I just got GB13COL on TGIF net DMR.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 9:54:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Pro tip:. telling the pile up chasing the 13 colonies that they are behaving worse than a bunch of CBer's shuts up half of them. ??

This was my only unprofessional transmission. I waited over an hour for K2H to get to the zero calls and every out of turn station only slowed the process down.  

The way US hams acted when trying to contact the English and French stations was shameful.  The behavior while trying to contact the US stations wasn't much better.  The calling out of turn, calling over the 13 colonies stations, the name calling.  The audio quality of some of the calling stations was some of the worse that I have ever heard outside of field day.

Why not call a few times then go try another station and come back later to see if the propagation path improved?!?
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 10:41:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Just got K2F.  I thought the first one was a fluke but happy to have more than one.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Pro tip:. telling the pile up chasing the 13 colonies that they are behaving worse than a bunch of CBer's shuts up half of them. ??

This was my only unprofessional transmission. I waited over an hour for K2H to get to the zero calls and every out of turn station only slowed the process down.  

The way US hams acted when trying to contact the English and French stations was shameful.  The behavior while trying to contact the US stations wasn't much better.  The calling out of turn, calling over the 13 colonies stations, the name calling.  The audio quality of some of the calling stations was some of the worse that I have ever heard outside of field day.

Why not call a few times then go try another station and come back later to see if the propagation path improved?!?
View Quote

Yeah, it sucked, and I just gave up.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 11:13:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Got everybody except the Brit, unless they materialize here in the last hour.

I wasn't able to start hunting until Tuesday, and managed to get everyone with 10 watts on SSB from home.  France was the obvious hard one but I lucked out tonight getting him when his pileup was a bit light, he called by numbers, and the grey line came in just right.  Big props to Didier who seemed to man TM13COL through most of it, he ran a good Op and worked the pileups like a champ, even called some lids to task when they messed around.

Bummed I didn't get the full sweep, but still pretty happy to grab them all QRP again this year.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 11:21:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I wasn't able to start hunting until Tuesday, and managed to get everyone with 10 watts on SSB from home.  France was the obvious hard one but I lucked out tonight getting him when his pileup was a bit light, he called by numbers, and the grey line came in just right.  Big props to Didier who seemed to man TM13COL through most of it, he ran a good Op and worked the pileups like a champ, even called some lids to task when they messed around.

Bummed I didn't get the full sweep, but still pretty happy to grab them all QRP again this year.
View Quote

This is a hell of an accomplishment on 10 watts!
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 11:28:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This is a hell of an accomplishment on 10 watts!
View Quote
I'm fortunate where I am in NE Ohio I get great coverage to New England and most of the east cost states all the time, even on lower power.  If this had been a contest for west cost states, It'd be a different story.

Last year I got similar results, all SSB QRP except that time I got GB but couldn't hear TM.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 1:00:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is awesome. I lost interest after hearing the pile ups and general behavior.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 8:24:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I got 6 this year. Stopped listening to pile ups, man it was nuts.
View Quote

Last night it wasn’t bad at all.  Before supper I had all the colonies, Great Britain was a no show. After supper I was able to get all the states again except for one on 40m and one on 80m.  20 was crap.

There is even a rude comment on DX Summit in a “spot” chastising the Brit for being a no show yesterday on phone.  Yea that will bring him to your request.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 8:27:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

QRP?  Nice job!
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good job!
What antennas were you using?
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 11:43:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Good job!
What antennas were you using?
View Quote
Thanks.  I have at home an 80M OCFD oriented east-to-west flat about 40 feet up in some trees, that's the primary.  I also had an expedient 20M ground plane wire vertical with some radials to switch to, thinking it might help with the DX stations, but ended up not really using it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 1:07:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I got the exact same ones.  All CW, all mobile.  My dad died Monday and I was making the drive from KY to MS 3 times in a week.  Needed something to do to keep me occupied.  
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 7:10:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I got the exact same ones.  All CW, all mobile.  My dad died Monday and I was making the drive from KY to MS 3 times in a week.  Needed something to do to keep me occupied.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am truly sorry for your loss QRP.  May peace come to you and your family during your time of sorrow.

Link Posted: 8/2/2022 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Got a reward in the mail for operating K2L from my home station. Surprisingly it's a well made placard on a wooden base.

Link Posted: 8/2/2022 8:07:10 PM EDT
[#40]
I forgot to send in my log this year
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top