Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2023 10:47:23 PM EDT
Does anyone have a good source for 2.5 Gallon / 10 Liter water "Jerry" cans?  I have found a couple for $40 with $30 shipping so, those are simply too expensive.  I'm thinking a pair of the 10L cans would be best for my camping uses and the cans would be less tipsy than the 5G/20L versions.  If shipping wasn't so outrageous, I would consider the 2.5G cans which are a bit more expensive than the 5G/20L versions I see at various places online.

So, does anyone have a good source for the 2.5G/10L versions that will ship for a reasonable fee or, if not, a 5G/20L water "Jerry" can that would work for me?  I'm thinking either blue or tan but, color isn't super critical to me as long as they are opaque enough to stop algae growth when I camp in a dry hot location for a week.  And no, my local Lowes does not have those 5 Gallon versions on close out as mentioned in another thread.

My other option is a pair of Dometic 11L water containers next time I go to an Overlander show but, even there they will be ~$60 each so, a bit spendy compared to jerry cans with reasonable shipping.

TIA, Sid
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 11:03:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't help you on a current source, but I have one each of MWC and MFC 2.5gal and they are indeed very useful.  Although if car camping where weight isn't too important, I go for the 5 gallon MWC with the JAGMTE spouts.  With a good spout you don't need to move the can around to pour, so the size of the can is less troublesome (and water more abundant).
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:29:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 7:53:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like Amazon may be the way to go but, I've bought mine from LCI in years past with good results. $32ea.

https://www.buylci.com/water-can-5-gallon-desert-tan.html
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 11:15:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top