Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:58:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Quite a few years ago, I remember hearing about a Canadian martial arts expert that won some big championship and went on a hiking/camping trip to get away/celebrate. He & his dog were sitting by the campfire at night and their Canadan version of an endangered/protected mountain lion attacked his dog. The fellow kicked it to death & was arrested when he reported it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 12:49:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Say it's not the deer season and you end up having to kick a charging deer in the head and it dies.  Do you get in any trouble for taking the carcass?  Do you have to report it if it's on a nature preserve?

I know this sounds insane, but I had a deer stare me down today and start stomping it's hooves.  I, of course, responded in kind, because where I'm from thems fightin' words.

so did you guys lock antlers?  what happened, finish the story.  didn't happen without pics.  you think you can kick a deer in the face?  Only a kick from chuck norris, not even bruce lee or jackie chan could kill a deer with a direct kick to the head.
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 12:32:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Say it's not the deer season and you end up having to kick a charging deer in the head and it dies.  Do you get in any trouble for taking the carcass?  Do you have to report it if it's on a nature preserve?

I know this sounds insane, but I had a deer stare me down today and start stomping it's hooves.  I, of course, responded in kind, because where I'm from thems fightin' words.

must be a city boy.  :)
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 1:41:52 PM EDT
[#4]
All that needs to be said his here:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=56B5A8CGN98

Link Posted: 7/1/2008 10:52:10 AM EDT
[#5]
height=8
Quoted:

Reading the subject... I imagined a Rambo looking mofo jumping on the back of a deer, then slitting its throat with some wicked looking knife.... now I have read the first post... I really don't know what to think...

I'm gonna need video of a deer kicked to death before I'll ever believe it could happen. I got my money on the deer.
Link Posted: 8/8/2008 7:30:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Had a buddy of mine kill one close up with a knife a few years back.  He fell asleep against a fence post and when he woke up there was a 6 pointer sniffing him right in the face.  Not knowing what else to do, my friend pulled his knife and slashed the deer across the throat, thew it in the pickup and went to go check it in.  Once he got to the check in station (back when we had check in stations, now its done by telephone) the game warden came by to take a look.    My buddy sheepishly explained what had happened, and all the warden told him was, "Boy, you supposed to shoot these things."
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 2:20:30 PM EDT
[#7]
some knife  
or should i say light sabor

couldnt let this one die  too funny
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I am gonna be so glad when school starts up again.
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 4:14:59 PM EDT
[#9]
my ka-bar would be in its head before i would even attempt kicking it
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 8:12:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#11]
fast with a ka bar huh
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#12]
IF you kill a HEALTHY, WILD, ADULT deer, post video of the act, give two credible witnesses, AND post a fresh venison DINNER PIC...

I will say you are offically THE MAN!
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
fast with a ka bar huh

only bullets fly faster

anyways, i think it would be almost impossible to have a deer attack you, i mean, its happend before of course. but whats the chance of having a white tail attack you? if your hunting and i see a deer, even if it is out of season my gun is always posted on it. to me, deer are nothing to be afraid of they are actually really tame animals around here and you should have no reason to fear them. hell, they are more scared of you anyways. if they dont like me, i have a good cance of possibly running, scaring, or shooting it off. i doubt i would ever have to put a ka bar in a deer
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 4:58:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
fast with a ka bar huh

only bullets fly faster

anyways, i think it would be almost impossible to have a deer attack you, i mean, its happend before of course. but whats the chance of having a white tail attack you? if your hunting and i see a deer, even if it is out of season my gun is always posted on it. to me, deer are nothing to be afraid of they are actually really tame animals around here and you should have no reason to fear them. hell, they are more scared of you anyways. if they dont like me, i have a good cance of possibly running, scaring, or shooting it off. i doubt i would ever have to put a ka bar in a deer with the exception of dressing one up after i drag it to my vehicle
Link Posted: 8/24/2008 7:13:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/24/2008 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

You must be bored.  I wrestled one, I thought I shot and killed.  I felt like a truck hit me for 2 weeks.  Good luck with that and report back with video.  My wrestling match field dressed at 180 pounds and a pound of whoop ass.

Bob
Link Posted: 8/24/2008 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You must be bored.  I wrestled one, I thought I shot and killed.  I felt like a truck hit me for 2 weeks.  Good luck with that and report back with video.  My wrestling match field dressed at 180 pounds and a pound of whoop ass.

Bob

i was almost attacked by a buck i had shot, i had very poor shot placemnt which blew a big hole in its back and i didn't think twice about the 15 minute rule (it was my 2nd deer i had taken) and i got too close and it was laying there then tried to go after me with its antlers... i pulled out my knife and was about to get its throat but was to scared to go in LOL and i was thinking about shooting it in its "sweet spot" but didn't want to damge the meat or have blood fly back into my face..... crazy deer stories... and that one got up somhow and slid all the way down the mountain and was never seen again... i dont think i was ever disappointed at any other time than that day
Link Posted: 8/24/2008 6:25:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bob

i was almost attacked by a buck i had shot, i had very poor shot placemnt which blew a big hole in its back and i didn't think twice about the 15 minute rule (it was my 2nd deer i had taken) and i got too close and it was laying there then tried to go after me with its antlers... i pulled out my knife and was about to get its throat but was to scared to go in LOL and i was thinking about shooting it in its "sweet spot" but didn't want to damge the meat or have blood fly back into my face..... crazy deer stories... and that one got up somhow and slid all the way down the mountain and was never seen again... i dont think i was ever disappointed at any other time than that day

Did I read that right?  You blew a big hole in its back, then let it get up and slide all the way down a mountain, never to be seen again.  Because you didn't want to get blood in your face or damage meat.
Link Posted: 8/24/2008 6:31:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bob

Did I read that right?  You blew a big hole in its back, then let it get up and slide all the way down a mountain, never to be seen again.  Because you didn't want to get blood in your face or damage meat.

i was 14 at the time and didn't know what to do.... we searched the whole mountain side for a good 4 hours and saw nothing
it did run across my mind to shoot it again but i didn't see my stepfather coming over and i was like uhhhh f*** what do i do
Link Posted: 8/24/2008 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bob

i was 14 at the time and didn't know what to do.... we searched the whole mountain side for a good 4 hours and saw nothing
it did run across my mind to shoot it again but i didn't see my stepfather coming over and i was like uhhhh f*** what do i do

When you tell that story in the future, you might want to include the second part.  Not picking on you, it just sounded really bad.  A lot of people don't like hunters to begin with, we don't need to give them any more ammo.
Link Posted: 8/24/2008 9:53:04 PM EDT
[#21]
yeah i understand completely but there some crap you gotta learn first hand you know? oh well, i learned my lesson from that
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top