Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/1/2011 7:13:17 AM EDT
Hey guys, first time I've posted in the SF section. I'm a long time lurker and I've gleamed mountains of information from you guys. I wanted to pass something along to you guys:

This could be nothing, but my wife's best friend is married to a MSG in the Air Force, I personally know the guy and he is a straight shooter, not the type to BS. Anyways, last night I mentioned to my wife about this thread:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=10&f=17&t=646382

I thought it odd just as the OP did. Since I am in the military and live within the beltway stuff like this perks my attention.

Well this morning the wife got off the phone with her friend and said that "Joe" (AF MSG), got called back into work early this morning, he doesn't know whats going on and told Kate (MSG's wife) that he will not be home tonight and all AF personnel on the east coast are getting recalled.

Again its probably nothing, maybe some AF guys on the east coast can confirm/deny this. Just thought it was odd combined with the recent thread above and pass along info to you guys.

If i get any updates from Wife's friend I will post them.

Update:

Wife just talked to her friend, apparently he got recalled b/c they raised the threat level with the death of Qaddafi's son. Don't know anything about credible info but thats all the info I have so far. Relieved that its nothing more serious.

EDIT by QB: Please keep these threads together. Yea OBL is dead and Terror threat has been raised! Thread title updated.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:58:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag. I'm in NOVA and had planned to head through DC to MD today. Maybe ill hang out at home today.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:25:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Great.  

Sucks to be us, maybe.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:42:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Well.....We have a war going on in Afghanistan, and Iraq, then we took on the civil war in Libya.....from WW2 until now the nation that does no have air superiority does not win, and in the wars we are in not winning is losing.    

[sarcasm] I see no reason for the airforce to be busy [/sarcasm]

ETA that other thread started just before 4/1/11 because two buddies watched a scarey movie.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:46:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe the .gov is going to a higher terrorist threat level, because of the killing of Gadhafi's family members?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:00:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Maybe the .gov is going to a higher terrorist threat level, because of the killing of Gadhafi's family members?

Good possibility.

Ops
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:13:38 AM EDT
[#6]
For a problem here...I don't see the AF being the tip of the spear.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:32:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For a problem here...I don't see the AF being the tip of the spear.

unless they are worried about someone hijacking a plane and doing something terrible with it.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:07:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Just for information sake, the Air Force IS usually the first ones in.  They do alot more than just fly
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:10:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:20:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Tag
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:29:48 AM EDT
[#11]

first thing I thought of even if I'm not an american citizen or live anywhere within 10 000 miles of the us of a

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:43:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well.....We have a war going on in Afghanistan, and Iraq, then we took on the civil war in Libya.....from WW2 until now the nation that does no have air superiority does not win, and in the wars we are in not winning is losing.    

[sarcasm] I see no reason for the airforce to be busy [/sarcasm]

ETA that other thread started just before 4/1/11 because two buddies watched a scarey movie.

I could be mis-reading this, but...
Not even close.

If that's mean to be sarcastic, I apologize. Still not enough coffee today.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:58:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
from WW2 until now the nation that does no have air superiority does not win    

This is news to the Democratic Republic of Vietnam.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I thought they announced that they would raise the alert level only when they had specific information on an imminent threat. ???
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:09:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn, I hope the rest of my ammo shows up soon.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:25:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Oh Tey Noes.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:31:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

really?  Not if we had taken the gloves off.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What might have been does not change what is.
The DRV did not have air superiority. If it had, I would surely be dead.
The DRV won the war.
Therefore, it cannot be true that since WWII every nation which fought a war without air superiority lost.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:14:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If 'If and butts were candy and nuts" then this would count.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:42:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just for information sake, the Air Force IS usually the first ones in.  They do alot more than just fly

...That is true and usually unknown to most, you and I know them as CCT's

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I doubt that.

Also what threat posture are we talking about? I suspect the AF increased the force protection posture since I have not heard of the national color changing and I would know that.

Force protection level changes are not uncommon and are in response to intel.

The force protection level is not classified and is ussually posted at the front gate.

Someone in the .mil needs to tell us what the front gate force protection level sign says.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#22]
it says Bravo.  And you are in teh .mil too aren't you?  

Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt that.

Also what threat posture are we talking about? I suspect the AF increased the force protection posture since I have not heard of the national color changing and I would know that.

The force protection level is not classified and is ussually posted at the front gate.

Someone in the .mil needs to tell us what the front gate force protection level sign says.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:36:58 PM EDT
[#23]
So is threat condition bravo good or bad or what? Is it counting up or down?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:46:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Bin Laden is confirmed dead.  This may have something to do with this.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Bin Laden is confirmed dead.  This may have something to do with this.

Hmmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Think this was due to Bin Ladens death instead?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:05:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Think this was due to Bin Ladens death instead?

That's what I was thinking.....
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#28]
OK, so .gov knew OBL was dead a week ago. What kind of retaliation can we expect?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:18:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
OK, so .gov knew OBL was dead a week ago. What kind of retaliation can we expect?

This is what I'm wondering.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:28:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Watching FNC right now....Geraldo just said that western nations are being urged to tighten their security as a result of the announcement, presumably by the White House.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#32]
This one big ass joke.....OBL has been dead for over 9 yrs now, just a ghost of the CIA for the financing of a new world order.......lol    How convenient that with all the heat BO has been taking on his Libya, and all foriegn policy that OBL now all of a sudden turns up dead..........what a joke....
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:39:48 PM EDT
[#33]
I was following that referenced thread...it did seem ominous.
when I saw the break in during the local news before they had any REAL information
"upcoming late night announcement from the white house. we don't know what's going on...something about national security"
...I must admit....my pucker factor went up for a bit there.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#34]
What might have been does not change what is.
The DRV did not have air superiority. If it had, I would surely be dead.
The DRV won the war.
Therefore, it cannot be true that since WWII every nation which fought a war without air superiority lost.

They didn't win the war....Hanoi Jane and Kerry won it for them
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This one big ass joke.....OBL has been dead for over 9 yrs now, just a ghost of the CIA for the financing of a new world order.......lol    How convenient that with all the heat BO has been taking on his Libya, and all foriegn policy that OBL now all of a sudden turns up dead..........what a joke....

I guess the body they found that has DNA that matches Bin Laden's is a conspiracy as well?  link
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I'm wondering.

+1
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:55:24 PM EDT
[#37]
I expect there will be some more rioting in the Muslim world in the very near future.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:57:01 PM EDT
[#38]
At this time, Department of Homeland Security, National Terrorism Advisory System states "There are no current alerts."
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
it says Bravo.  And you are in teh .mil too aren't you?  

Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt that.

nope been out a decade
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:03:27 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I just came through the gate where I work, and like was posted earlier the FPL is at Bravo.  They had the serpentine barriers set up, and MPs sitting in HMMWVs on the side of the road.

I guess not everybody will be happy Bin Laden is dead.    

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:06:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I just came through the gate where I work, and like was posted earlier the FPL is at Bravo.  They had the serpentine barriers set up, and MPs sitting in HMMWVs on the side of the road.

I guess not everybody will be happy Bin Laden is dead.    

some people in another thread  are saying charlie
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:09:43 PM EDT
[#42]
I just spoke to a former coworker and it is Bravo at a military facility down the road apiece from me.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:10:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Is bravo a change for where you guys are? Was it Alpha last week?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:16:03 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Is bravo a change for where you guys are? Was it Alpha last week?

Yeah.  It's been Alpha for quite some time now.  This is the first time it's been jumped up at least here.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Yep Mach, this is a bump-up.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:22:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess the body they found that has DNA that matches Bin Laden's is a conspiracy as well?  link

It was meant to be a smurk smarty pants.....He has been in bed with the CIA since the Clinton era and they know/knew where he was, and when the time was right (recently) they pulled his card and off he went.....For Obama to take credit is a motherfucking joke, and to think we just found him is assenign......(probably spelled that wrong..)  He knew when he was of no more use we would bust his cherry.....Your gonna see some real deal bullshit policy changes for this one........probably not good.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#47]
hey .mil guys, can i get a translation

FPL? Bravo? Alpha?

thx
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

FPL? Bravo? Alpha?

thx

• FPCON NORMAL describes a situation of no current terrorist
    activity. The only security forces needed are enough to stop the
    everyday criminal, similar to civilian police forces.

• FPCON ALPHA describes a situation where there is a small and
    general terrorist activity that is not predictable. However, agencies
    will inform personnel that there is a possible threat and standard
    security procedure review is conducted.

• FPCON BRAVO describes a situation with somewhat predictable
    terrorist threat. Security measures taken by agency personnel may
    affect the activities of local law enforcement and the general public.

• FPCON CHARLIE describes a situation when an instance occurs or when intelligence reports that there is terrorist activity imminent.

• FPCON DELTA describes a situation when a terrorist attack is
    taking place or has just occurred. FPCON DELTA usually occurs only in
    the areas that are most vulnerable to or have been attacked.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:27:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

FPL? Bravo? Alpha?

thx

Terrorist Force Protection Condition (FPCON)

FPCON NORMAL
exists when a general threat of possible terrorist activity exists but warrants only a routine security posture.

FPCON ALPHA
This condition applies when there is a general threat of possible terrorist activity against personnel and facilities, the nature and extent of which are unpredictable, and circumstances do not justify full implementation of FPCON BRAVO measures. However, it may be necessary to implement certain measures from higher THREATCONS resulting from intelligence received or as a deterrent. The measures in this THREATCON must be capable of being maintained indefinitely.

FPCON BRAVO
This condition applies when an increased and more predictable threat of terrorist activity exists. The measures in this THREATCON must be capable of being maintained for weeks without causing undue hardship, affecting operational capability, and aggravating relations with local authorities.

FPCON CHARLIE
This condition applies when an incident occurs or intelligence is received indicating some form of terrorist action against personnel and facilities is imminent. Implementation of measures in this THREATCON for more than a short period probably will create hardship and affect the peacetime activities of the unit and its personnel.

FPCON DELTA
This condition applies in the immediate area where a terrorist attack has occurred or when intelligence has been received that terrorist action against a specific location or person is likely. Normally, this THREATCON is declared as a localized condition. See also antiterrorism.

I chose to just copy and paste rather than explain.....sorry
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:28:21 PM EDT
[#50]
ETA: This post is in response to GoRebel's post above.  Damn, it's busy tonight!
Yeah, I heard the speech, or part of it.  Last week Obama decided we'd had enough and authorized a mission?  Hasn't there been a kill order out on OSM for, like seven years?
Perhaps the week of silence after OSM's death was the time required for BHO to figure out how to take credit and have the proper speeches loaded into the teleprompter?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top