Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:45:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Lots of work this week, so only playing with the whip-antenna, no qso's.
Went out after work today, and threw up a dipole for 80m, and checked the antenna with the analyzer, it was only madness... After a while, i noticed the swr to change when touching the connector at one of the dipole reels, so one of the surplus wires had a bad connection between the wire and connector.
See if i can fix it, and then its a new try tomorrow :)
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:26:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Rattus, shoot me a blank email.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:48:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Picco: done!

When charging my 4ah battery with the dccu, everything works as normal. but when charging my 1ah, the charger works as normal, until it is fully charged or almost fully charged, then the green lamp is flashing for aprox 1 sec, then the yellow for 1 sek,  and it keeps going..
Someone has an idea of what is wrong?
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:28:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Picco: done!

When charging my 4ah battery with the dccu, everything works as normal. but when charging my 1ah, the charger works as normal, until it is fully charged or almost fully charged, then the green lamp is flashing for aprox 1 sec, then the yellow for 1 sek,  and it keeps going..
Someone has an idea of what is wrong?
View Quote

I believe I have sent you the manual.

I THINK it means the battery is screwed up.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Got a zipped file, need to unzip it with the computer. Witch manual is it? Got one already.

Fault is green flashing, the battery works, but maybe not 100%.
See if i change the cells with nimh AA's, if im lucky, i can get two sets of them inside the box, and then i will have a small lighter weight 5ah battery :)
Need to do some mesurments first..
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#6]
There is also a bunch of stuff I wrote about it in addition to the manual.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 3:13:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Opened them and sent them in another email.

gfb
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 3:27:24 PM EDT
[#8]
-  ..-
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:00:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Lots of work this week, so only playing with the whip-antenna, no qso's.
Went out after work today, and threw up a dipole for 80m, and checked the antenna with the analyzer, it was only madness... After a while, i noticed the swr to change when touching the connector at one of the dipole reels, so one of the surplus wires had a bad connection between the wire and connector.
See if i can fix it, and then its a new try tomorrow :)
View Quote

Yeah the whips on manpacks generally aren't great, you might try 20m or 17m, under that forget it.

You might just try an endfed wire as high as you can (but not vertical), per the chart on the set it works reasonably well, the directionality will be like a dipole, gain will be about half a dipole. Surely you have some wire.

Also, given the noise on 40m and lower don't expect good results. I can barely make comms with most of my packs on 40m even with good antennas, 20W is not much power on those freeqs.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:35:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Just soldered me a prc-320  to minijack connector, so i will manage to punch trough wit cw :)

Im mostly doing portable with max 10w, som the 30w in the 320 should help..
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:26:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just soldered me a prc-320  to minijack connector, so i will manage to punch trough wit cw :)

Im mostly doing portable with max 10w, som the 30w in the 320 should help..
View Quote

CW will help alot. I generally hate the various mil straight keys i have and have not bothered brewing up something better though, so I'm fairly limited on CW.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 5:19:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Got a  czech key, seems okay, but im most used to paddles.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:41:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Got a  czech key, seems okay, but im most used to paddles.
View Quote

The Czechs of course make the best stuff.

And I've been meaning to wire up some paddles but just can never get around to doing it, plus I'd have to source the clansman connectors...
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

And I've been meaning to wire up some paddles but just can never get around to doing it, plus I'd have to source the clansman connectors...
View Quote

Ask the guys selling stuff on eBay if they have any. One of them is bound to.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 9:01:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I know where to get em I just haven't gotten around to it... Ham Lazyness...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top